My New Checkout Candy

Options
yaya11
yaya11 Posts: 7 Member
I was at Wal-Mart and like usual I was hungry by the time I was finished shopping, but this time was different . Instead of grabbing the usual Twix or Reeses I went to their produce section and grabbed a banana:smile: . This experience has got me thinking that maybe I really can change my eating habits for good.

Replies

• amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Probably cheaper too. I bought a single banana last week and it was like 27 cents. Crazy!
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's great!! It really is a lifestyle change. It's not a fad or phase, it really should be looked to as a change in your lifestyle. This is just the first step! :happy:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that kind of mental change is awesome to hear! Changing those habits until you don't even think about them anymore is the way to go long-term. :flowerforyou:

I find myself craving sushi and raw avacodo spread on bread(as opposed to mayo) instead of fried chicken and butter-mashed-potatoes, so I guess there's hope for us all too!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Last week I got out to the car before I RIPPED an apple out of it's bag and ate it like a crazy person!!! What's awesome is that it's what I wanted more than anything else in the car!

Yay you!!!!!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I know what you mean it is a great feeling! Great job for going for the banana! I went to the grocery store for a few things tonight and all of the bad stuff that I would normally go right for didn't even look good to me. I got some laughing cow cheese, some greek yogurt, and wheat bread for me.
  • KSBassBari
    Options
    I think the hardest thing up here in Alaska is the face that everything is more expensive. Granted, it's not as bad as portions of CA or HI, but when a single green pepper is $3.25, produce is a bummer.
  • yaya11
    yaya11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :blushing:.
    @ Amy: Yeah, it is so funny how the banana was only 25 cents.
    @mstahl: That's exactly how I felt when I got to eat the banana. lol
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest thing up here in Alaska is the face that everything is more expensive. Granted, it's not as bad as portions of CA or HI, but when a single green pepper is $3.25, produce is a bummer.

Oh my, wow!!! I thought paying $.99 for a single green pepper was bad. I won't complain anymore.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I always buy bags of almonds, cashews, pistachios or sunflower seeds....................

Protein and fat always do a good job of getting me satisfied.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!