Adding Lifting to Insanity....help

Today begins week 4 of Insanity. I love it but would REALLY LOVE to add lifting. Does anyone know of a good lifting program to go with Insanity. Or a good hybrid schedule?! I was going to add Jamie Eason Livfit but I think that may be a bit much.

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Well I dunno about adding with Insantiy, but you can find a lot of info on lifting and other body recomp here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Bump
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Bump again
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Just started week 6 of Insanity. The 2nd month increases the upper body work, so you may want to hold off. I'm really sore today (especially my butt), and don't remember being this sore in the first month.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    I tried to lift and do Insanity about a year ago and I ended up hurting myself. Too much.. if you want to start lifting while you're doing Insanity, I would say don't expect to make a lot of strength gains. Rest days are super important for the muscle repair and growth.
  • tinamarie0604
    tinamarie0604 Posts: 308 Member
    @ PattyC64 and MyPsalms63 - When do you do your insanity workouts, in the morning or afternoon? I can not seem to find a time that works for me.
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    I work out first thing in the morning. I have to bite the bullet and get up early, but it's the only time of the day that is consistant. I have no excuses to miss a workout.

Because I workout in the morning, I only have to take one shower a day, so it saves time. Plus, my family is asleep, so they don't see me jumping around like an idiot ;)

The only problem is that I can't eat first, but it works for me.
  • tinamarie0604
    tinamarie0604 Posts: 308 Member
    @ PattyC64 - Yep, that was my next attempt...in the morning. I just am not a morning person, and I can't imagine getting up at 4:30 AM to jumping jack squats and all the other intense moves in the insanity workout. I guess I could give it a try! How have your results been with the insanity program so far? I only did it for two weeks, I liked it because I felt like I really got a workout when I was done but, I never looked forward to it :ohwell:
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Call TeamBeachBody and see if you can get the deluxe version on Insanity (just the additional DVDS). The deluxe comes with 3 dvds one of which is a upper body weight training. It is a great program because you lift but in between sets you are doing moves right out of insanity. My HR stays around 135 during the 47min workout and for a lifting program I think that is pretty good. I try to incorporate this DVD into my workout 1-2times a week.... I can see the difference and that is the only lifting I do.

Or order Insanity Asylum and that has a strength dvd which involves weights as well.
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Today begins week 4 of Insanity. I love it but would REALLY LOVE to add lifting. Does anyone know of a good lifting program to go with Insanity. Or a good hybrid schedule?! I was going to add Jamie Eason Livfit but I think that may be a bit much.
    until you experience the Max workouts don't determine what you do or don't want to add...trust me, starting week 6 you'll change your mind.