Wedding Band Resized

Options
So I've lost enough now that my wedding band is falling off. I am at the halfway point and not sure if I should get it resized now or wait until I reach my goal. Has anyone else run into this dilemma?

Replies

• bucketzofcrazy
    bucketzofcrazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yuppers, I wear four rings and none of them fit, ahhh! Is a problem, surely, but a great one to have. :D I say, if you keep continuing to kick it in the butt, to re-size it later since you might have to end up doing it again anyways. Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If it is falling off to the point you are afraid you are going to lose it, talk to your spouse about possibly wearing it on a chain around your neck until you can resize it.

When I was pregnant with my children I always had to wear my rings around my neck because of swelling. My spouse didn't mind. :D

9464844.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had mine resized 15 pounds ago - I figure I'll have to do it again when I hit my goal weight. I was worried about losing it because it was just sliding right off, but now it's just a little loose.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes! My wedding ring is almost falling off. I'm going to wait because I still have 40 more pounds to go.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine has been resized two times and once I am goal will probably need done again. I was not wearing them because they were falling off and my spouse was not too happy. It was great to get them resized and I am glad I did not wait until my total goal.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I quit wearing mine after almost losing it while swimming in Lake Michigan. It's not worth it. I still have another 40 pounds I'd like to lose so I'm going to at least wait until I lose my next 20-25 pounds. By then, I dont think my fingers will change too much more.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I got mine resized when I couldn't stand the spinning anymore and I shook my hands and my ring fell off. I dropped a whole size and now it's spinning again.
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So I've lost enough now that my wedding band is falling off. I am at the halfway point and not sure if I should get it resized now or wait until I reach my goal. Has anyone else run into this dilemma?

Yes sir!!! My husband sent his in 2 months ago and it is already big :glasses: I have just sent in my in last week. Wonderful problem to have :flowerforyou:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently on my middle finger... hubby hates it, but I don't want to resize it until I know that I am done... Supposedly ONE pound from now, but who knows???
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn mine in such a long time; it's too small.
    My husband doesn't wear his, either. He's a plumber. He'd ruin it.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently on my middle finger... but I don't want to resize it until I know that I am done...
    Also, Im planning on getting pregnant soon so Im not sure how that will affect my weight. I dont think they can keep resizing my ring (band with wrap).
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I used to have to take mine off many times during the summer because of swelling...and I couldnt wear it when I worked-out because my hands would swell so bad that I couldnt get it off. NOW, I can wear it all the time because of the weight I lost. AND, my ring my hubby got me for Christmas (Mother/child ring) is now on my index finger of my right hand because it is too big.

I'd say, if it doesnt cost you much to get it resized, I'd do it! But, if it is a hassle, try to get a ring gard to hold it on your finger or talk to your spouse about what you could do. I wore mine on a chain when I was preggers but, now, my hubby would probably get upset, eventhough he knows it would be for a good reason, if I didnt get it resized. :-)
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    A good jeweler can apply a ring guard for you. This is a temporary solution until you are at the maintenance point where you're comfortable having it resized.
  • mommygirlx3
    mommygirlx3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do it falls off my finger, I thought it would be a waiste of money to resize now I have another ring my hubby bought me that was too small that I now wear.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Get the ring guard. I went to a JCPenney, and they applied a gold piece on the inside of the ring for $10 to help it fit... well worth the money! Once I get to maintenance I'll have it resized. Claire's has plastic ring fitters, but they were very uncomfortable to me.
  • Hadiyeh
    Options
    I'd wait on getting it re-sized until you're done. I picked up an inexpensive "replacement" ring to wear temporarily (just a sterling band), and now that is too big too. If I'd had it re-sized it would already be too big again! I picked up some little plastic tubes that pop over it, and they were a few bucks. A jeweler warned me against using a metal sizer, because it will damage the ring. Congratulations on your dilemma!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i resized my set when it fell off my finger while i was walking down the hall. that was 40 pounds in. i am 10 more down from there and it is loose-ish if i am not feeling bloated at all. i suspect i will have to have it resized again but it won't be until i am pretty much at my goal. i do have pretty skinny fingers though so who known. i was a size 7.5 and i'm a 6 now. i simply can't imagine i would ever be a 5...who knows though.

eta - keep in mind. if you have married recently those new metals most men's bands are made out of these day (my husband's is titanium) can not be resized.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!