Carbs, protein, calcium, and fiber

Options
So, I read that for optimum weight loss, you should eat 50-100g of carbs a day; My diary has the carbs set to 165g of carbs a day (1200 calories) and I go over that frequently, up to 200g some days. I don't eat a lot of bread or pasta but even some veggies and other things have carbs. How the heck am I supposed to avoid this??

I go over on protein a lot, too. Not by a whole lot, but sometimes up to 20g over the 45g I'm allotted. What does this mean to my weight loss?

I'm usually under my calcium and fiber levels, too. Is that bad? I am mildly lactose intolerant, so I don't consume much dairy products.

I feel so confused! My diet is much better even just in the last month than it was previously, but I'm still trying to tweak things to balance out my daily goals. I'm afraid I'm a little lost though. :embarassed:

Any kind of help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! Please and thank you.

Replies

• joybuzzer2000
    Options
    When you count carbs you can deduct the fiber grams from the total carb count to get your net carbs.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Well I was told that you should be eatting half of your body weight in protein. (or 1/2 gram for ever pound of body weight) so I changed my setting to 40%carb, 30% protein, 30% fat.

You could take calcium pills if you have a hard time with dairy and that should help. Maybe the veggies you are eatting are more starchy veggies. Like corn for example is not really a veggie you would want to eat everyday it's considered to be a more starchy veggie.

I'm not sure you should be having 200g of carbs a day unless you are doing a lot of exercise. But there is a website somewhere around here that was given to me. It's an article by Jillian Michaels, I think from one of her books. About the 3 different types of oxidizers. Some people need more carbs while others need more protiens. It has a test to help you figure out what your percentages should be.

I'll have to find the link, I plan on taking the test also
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I'm having over 100g of protein a day and I'm finding good results. Lower fat (but still have it) and most of my carbs come from veg and I'm not eating bread, rice, potatoes or pasta. Occasionally having brown rice or a flour wrap (when there's nothing else).

Goodd luck with your weight loss!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am also eating generous amounts of protein, fat and the only carbs I consume is lots of veggies, small amounts of fruit, nuts and Greek yogurt.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    doin the bump to reread a bit later