What do you eat for dinner when it's just you?

Options
My husband has school tonight and the kiddies will get leftovers. I have no clue what to make for myself. Any ideas?

Replies

• PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Garden Delight pasta with a little tomato sauce. Pasta is always the easiest for me, and the Ronzoni Garden Delight has a serving of veggies in it. I like it better than whole wheat.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I often have a large spinach salad with grilled chicken. Easy!

Or-- an egg burrito using eggs, Flat Out wrap, and fresh veggies.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    Hard to say when I don't know what you have in the house - there was a thread last night on here about mini pizzas on english muffins and flatbreads and what have you. You can load it with veggies, and who doesn't love pizza? I eat meals alone a lot because my boyfriend and I have practically opposite schedules. Salads are always good you can put whatever u want in it and make it as big or small as you want
  • kg2run
    kg2run Posts: 25
    Options
    I often have a large spinach salad with grilled chicken. Easy!

Or-- an egg burrito using eggs, Flat Out wrap, and fresh veggies.

These are two of my go-tos as well. Yum!
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I do a single grilled turkey burger and side of vegetables
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Salmon! My partner hates fish, so I have it when she is elsewhere!
  • jojo98mu
    jojo98mu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with cheese on a sandwich round, fast and delicious.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I live alone so nearly every dinner is just me. It has forced me to embrace leftovers! So mostly I'll have a grilled protein, a couple of vegetables and brown rice or quinoa, sometimes mashed sweet potato. Take the leftovers for lunch the next day. It rarely takes more than half an hour to make and it makes me feel satisfied to feed myself the way I would feed company.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would make potsticker soup. Add about 6-7 potstickers to some chicken broth, add in some garlic thinly sliced onions. Simmer for 5-10 mins. I also sometimes added in spinach and mushrooms. Quick and easy for a cool night.

I also like making omlettes for dinner filled with lots of veges.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    An omelet or stir-fry. Quick and easy with whatever is in the fridge.
  • urhere
    urhere Posts: 5
    Options
    I might make a nice tossed salad and top it with a bit of reduced-fat cheese and a poached or fried egg, or make soup (chop some vegetables and a bit of leftover protein and cook it in some broth or stock, then, when it's hot, stir and drizzle in a beaten egg).
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers. In fact, I'm pretty much the leftover-cleaner-upper around here because I work from home. Of course my husband eats them, too, but he's not here as much. We try to keep things current in the refrigerator and not waste anything.