I need help finding a diet plan...

Options
Hi!

I need help finding a diet plan to follow. I've tried just calorie restriction but I'd like something that actually tells me what I should be eating, or else I just end up eating something rubbish. I would like something with a meal plan (or a meal/exercise plan) that tells me what I should eat for breakfast lunch and dinner!

It should also preferably include things that can be bought in the UK, things that are fairly cheap, and not cost me anything to get hold of!

I'm also interested in the diet plans where you can get things sent to your door (again, based in the UK here!) or you can buy meal replacement sachets as I have two jobs and throwing in time for exercise and actually getting some sleep I don't want to be cooking fancy-*kitten* meals all the time!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It's not a specific diet plan exactly, but I suggest just focusing on eating lots of fruits, vegetables, and lean forms of protein. It's affordable and should keep you well within your calorie goals. :)

On a side note though, if that's you in your profile pic, you look awesome already! You don't need to do anything terribly restrictive, you already seem to be at a healthy weight.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I seriously hope that is not you in that picture.
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's not me in the picture - it's someone at the weight and height I used to be when I was 18.

Anyway...thanks for the tips, but I think I really need something which tells me precisely what meals I should eat or I just end up failing :(
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It's not me in the picture - it's someone at the weight and height I used to be when I was 18.

Anyway...thanks for the tips, but I think I really need something which tells me precisely what meals I should eat or I just end up failing :(

The only problem with that is that when you go on a specific "diet," especially if it's restrictive, you run a serious risk of gaining all of the weight you lose back again when it's over, because you still haven't learned how to eat properly and haven't made an eating goal you can maintain for life.

Also, it's okay to eat unhealthy foods once in awhile if it fits within your calorie goals. Eating a little bit of everything and adding in more healthy food than you were eating before seems to work for a lot of people on here. :)
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options

The only problem with that is that when you go on a specific "diet," especially if it's restrictive, you run a serious risk of gaining all of the weight you lose back again when it's over, because you still haven't learned how to eat properly and haven't made an eating goal you can maintain for life.

Also, it's okay to eat unhealthy foods once in awhile if it fits within your calorie goals. Eating a little bit of everything and adding in more healthy food than you were eating before seems to work for a lot of people on here. :)

Hmm, I guess you're right. I just like a guide on what to buy when I go shopping...I've just started doing my grocery shop online though and bought myself some more things to help me weigh and measure things out more easily, so I guess I'll try this one more time... ;)
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hi i sometimes buy Rosemary Conleys solo slim meals off her web site they are delicious go check it out x