What is your favorite high protein low sugar protein bar?

Options
Hello all!
I'd like to get a few protein bars to have on hand for when I need to boost my protein intake. I don't like to make shakes even though I do love them when I do make them. I don't like to clean the blender and I like mine with lots of ice so that it's more like a milk shake.
I'm thinking a potein bar may be a quicker product to have around when I'm feeling lazy.
What is your favorite? These things can be expensive and I don't want to waste money on the really bad ones.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    A block of fat free cheese.
  • deckpen
    deckpen Posts: 4
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars based on the trade off of being lower in sugar than others. There are others that taste alot better but the trade off is higher sugar content and higher carbs. Follwo the directions and rink water with them thoguh as they can have there chalky moments. They are cheaper than most others on the market and are low in sugar and high in protein.

Chewy Chocolate Chip
    Revolution Chocolate Peanut Carmel
    Peanut Butter Carmel Surprise

Did NOT like Chocolate Deluxe
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    power bar's peanut butter chocolate lower sugar bar.

I haven't eaten one in years though, and haven't seen one in few.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Quest pretty much has no competition in the bar department.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    With 170kcal, 20g of protein, 1g of sugar and SEVENTEEN(!) grams of fibre there's not really much that can compete with a Quest bar. Just the slight problem of them being a US product and not having a manufacturing partner over here so they're imported and as a result a box of 12 costs a little over £30, or $50 in US money, almost £3 each, so sadly they're not exactly a practical option to be having every day unless you're loaded if you're not in the US.
  • Crystalclear22
    Options
    I've been buying Promax lower sugar protein bars from Amazon and also find them at the grocery store sometimes.

A 12 pack is only 16 dollars. 18g protein, 9g sugar (Stevia organic sweetner), 220 calories and pretty filling. I know there are other bars that have less sugar and higher protein, but they tend to be really expensive, even when bought online. And they taste like brownies!
  • Kendra0024
    Kendra0024 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love the Think Thin bars. White chocolate is my favorite.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins bars
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bars. But it's entirely up to your personal tastes, I just love chocolate :)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Think Thin bars are super filling and 0 sugar, though some may dispute the sugar alchohol they use. I found them awesome, super high protien for meal replacement