Single and dating

Options

Replies

• Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Do people really use this site for dating? I flirt but does anything really ever come out of it?

MFP is the king of Long-Distance-Relationship dating sites. No. . nobody ever actually MEETS the person they fall in love with.

Well that's just sad

I think he was being sarcastic. In other words if you fall in love, you make it work

LOL gotcha it's so hard to read sarcasm.....
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Do people really use this site for dating? I flirt but does anything really ever come out of it?

Let's find out.

why hello there.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    theres good stuff and bad stuff,, just always be very careful,,, meet in public places!~
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    theres good stuff and bad stuff,, just always be very careful,,, meet in public places!~

At first I thought you wrote meet in Pubic Places....
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    There's good and bad in all dating sites. Freaks are everywhere. You have to be careful and selective.

As for the term BBW, that's the only choice I see fit when describing myself. I'm don't have a few pounds extra...I have many. And therefore I'm big, and beautiful, and I'm a woman. LOL.

oh i get it , freaks are a bad thing.
  • nphect
    Options
    double post
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

At first I thought you wrote meet in Pubic Places....

Haha I read that too o_O
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

MFP is the king of Long-Distance-Relationship dating sites. No. . nobody ever actually MEETS the person they fall in love with.

Well that's just sad

I think he was being sarcastic. In other words if you fall in love, you make it work

Sort of sarcastic.. more. . tragically jaded.. The person you meet and really connect with is inevitably far, far away. . Even if you both want to be together, it's impossible (sigh). . .
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    There's good and bad in all dating sites. Freaks are everywhere. You have to be careful and selective.

As for the term BBW, that's the only choice I see fit when describing myself. I'm don't have a few pounds extra...I have many. And therefore I'm big, and beautiful, and I'm a woman. LOL.

Not ALL freaks are bad...lol :devil:
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Exactly. Not all freaks are bad. ;)
  • dumbbanana
    Options

Well that's just sad

Sort of sarcastic.. more. . tragically jaded.. The person you meet and really connect with is inevitably far, far away. . Even if you both want to be together, it's impossible (sigh). . .

Nothing is impossible.
  • nphect
    Options

oh good cause i have a friend that wants to lick your belly button
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I signed up to one a few months back, had a few adds but nothing come off it, went out a few weeks back to purley have a laugh with a few colleagues and Ive met someone I could easily fall in love with, but resisting haha, the moral to the story is, I found it when I wasnt looking, on a dating site, most of the people all have the common interest of looking for someone and sometimes force a connection, I wouldnt knock it though as I know of successful relationships that have developed via the internet, good luck :)
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    my wife of 10 years and I met on an on-line dating service called ICQ (not sure if it is still around). We took the time to get to know each other before rushing into anything. Sure you can lie about things but if you correspond long enough, you can be more confident in the person's true nature. Good Luck to all.
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options

oh good cause i have a friend that wants to lick your belly button

Is he hoping to get out all the lint to add to his collection? Cuz that's HAWT!! :)
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I met my girl from POF and we been together for 4 years (Oct 19th) and have a wonderful relationship and an amazing 4 month old. I am very fortunate!
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    I met my girl from POF and we been together for 4 years (Oct 19th) and have a wonderful relationship and an amazing 4 month old. I am very fortunate!

POF is a good one. i have a few friends that use it, and have met their significant others.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

POF is a good one. i have a few friends that use it, and have met their significant others.

my friend told me about the site.. the funny thing is when he complains that it doesn't work to me, and says all the success stories are bs... I laugh at him and say "um... worked for me".
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Exactly!! AND - I think the odds fall considerably in favor of the men on this site. - just sayin'
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Well that's just sad

Nothing is impossible.

I've hooked up with someone one here, but we were already married so I don't think that counts. and I have met people from this site in person, always fun