heart moniter

Options
I would like to purchase a heart moniter so I can keep track of my calories. Is there a store I can actually walk in to and they have one? I dont like to buy stuff online and everything I see is like 200 dollars. Is there cheaper out there? Thanks you!

Replies

• sk2010
    sk2010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Polar F4, recommended by a friend, and I am very happy with it! I bought it online (amazon) for $70-ish, after I saw it sold at Target (in store) for $100. It comes in a variety of colors - I got it in red :happy:
  • alliekilly
    Options
    I just got one at Sports Authority. Its for women so its not so bulky and it was only $29.00
  • alliekilly
    Options
    Forgot to mention that not only does it monitor your heart, but there is a feature to count calories, a stop watch and many more I havent tried out yet...
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    I got mine at Running Room and I also bought one at Sports Authority in the past.
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got mine at ****'s Sporting Goods
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    HA! It won't let me post the name!!! Funny. Well anyway D**k's. You know what I mean!
  • jnwapak
    jnwapak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells about a half a dozen models, including Polar. Be sure you get one with a chest band. The high end Polars at Walmart were under 60 bucks.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    In general there are a lot of different types out there and depending on what features you want/need depends on how you exercise.

Polar in general is a good brand. Things you want to make sure it has are:

Chest strap - that way there is a continuous reading of your heart rate
    Coded - the monitor has to be coded if you workout in a gym. Otherwise you will get interference from others.
    Backlit - So have no way to backlight so if you workout in the morning or night you can't see your watch as you go
    Lap timer/Stopwatch - If you like to time intervals look for this. Some have it some don't.

Most people recommend the Polar F6 or F4. The F4 is not coded though. Good Luck.