15 years later...a new perspective

Options
My husband and I were cleaning out a few boxes in the garage this weekend and I came across an index card that I had written my measurements and weight on dated 05/11/1997. This was six months before my wedding and obviously an attempt at tracking and losing weight/inches. If you had asked me recently, I would have said I was in better shape back then than I am today. I must have been, right? That was so long ago. I don't remember how I did back then as far as weight loss before the wedding but I do know my weight has been substantially higher since that time. Here's where a change in perspective comes in...I am currently down 8 pounds and over 6 inches overall (waist,hip,thigh) compared to the numbers on that card. That was 15 years ago!

Now I can proudly say that I am in better shape at 48 than I was at 33. Really??? Yes I am! Not only do I weigh less and have a lower body fat percentage but I've run several 5Ks (my first was at age 43) and am active and healthy. I am still a work in progress but realizing that I've been struggling for that long only makes me that much more determined to finally reach my goals. And it won't take me another 15 years to do it!

Replies

• jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. Well done on the running.
  • AZiegenhorn
    AZiegenhorn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is amazing! This is how I want to live! As I get older, I want to get stronger! I am inspired. :=)
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Great job!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i love hearing this! espec the ran first 5k at 43! wonderful work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!