Hi there, newbie here. and tattoo question

Options
Hi there,

I am relatively new here. I have dabbled in the I am going to loose weight phase off and on throughout the years.... Now, I am serious!!! Earlier this year I lost my dad, and well this was the catalyst that I needed I guess. A week after he passed I stopped by a new gym that was advertising for new members while they were getting the building ready. I signed up, and signed up for 52 sessions with a personal trainer. I waited all summer for them to open, I was so excited! A week before they opened, I blew out my knee going up some stadium stairs. So, I had to really watch how I worked out these first few weeks. I am just now able to take off my brace for daily stuff, but still wear it for work outs. Since September 4th, I have lost 15 lbs! I am so excited!!

Now, I feel like I have to exercise just about as much as I need to breathe! When I get stressed, the gym is the place I need to be! I really feel like this time I am really making a life change! That this is not just a phase that I am going through! I am really motivated to see so many people here that have lost an excess of 100 lbs! That is about how much I want to loose! I have two people in my family who choose to have surgery to lose weight! I am bound and determined to reach my goal naturally!

I have a question for tattoo people out there! I am a little worried about what my tattoos will look like once I lose all of this weight, what has been your experience? I have one on my upper arm and one around my ankle. I have had these for years! I want to get another one, but I have to wonder as I lose weight what will these look like?

Any ways, thanks for your assistance, if anyone wants to friend me please do so. I know we can do this with motivation and support!

Take Care,

Janey

Replies

• kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Your ankle tattoo shouldn't change much since that area of the body doesn't store much fat, but your arm tattoo may end up a little warped. After you get to your goal weight and stay their for a few months, you should see your artist and talk about what you can do to fix it up
  • joyand4
    Options
    Good job and hang in there!! My husband had Baratric Sleeve Surgery and that has motivated me to loose weight as well I too have over 100 pds to loose. You are doing awesome!!
  • Jluvs3clarks
    Options
    Thank you! So, I had wanted to reward myself every 25 - 50 lbs with a new tattoo, or add ons to what I already have. Maybe I better wait until I get to my goal weight? Next summer we are going to Maui. That is where I got my second tattoo, maybe that will be my goal instead.
  • birdvsplane
    Options
    As said before, the ankle tat should be fine, but definitely look into contacting the original (or an equally-qualified) artist as some touch-ups may be necessary as you lose the weight.

As for getting new tattoos during the process, you may want to hold off until you're closer to your final goal. Would be kind of a bummer to pay for a tat only to go back and repay for touch-ups later. Good luck!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    As a lifetime nudist (aanr.com) I have seen a fair share of tatoos. I would suggest reaching your goal weight before getting new ones. I have seen a few tats on the breast that have not survived a weight loss so well.