Problem with steak?

Options
I'm wondering how to track it? It's 0.194 kg, which I think is 194 grams. Now, I looked it up, but got conflicting answers. One result said 250 g is 250 calories, and another said 100 g is 330 calories, and apparently 4 oz is 700, and I think I have 6 oz- I mean, it's not a huge steak! Lol. It's just a rib eye, and I don't think it would be any more than 250 calories, but maybe I'm wrong.

What are your thoughts on the matter? =P

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You have a 6.8 ounce steak.
    I would search nutritional information for rib eye specifically since steak is a general term and different cuts have different nutrition.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how to track it? It's 0.194 kg, which I think is 194 grams. Now, I looked it up, but got conflicting answers. One result said 250 g is 250 calories, and another said 100 g is 330 calories, and apparently 4 oz is 700, and I think I have 6 oz- I mean, it's not a huge steak! Lol. It's just a rib eye, and I don't think it would be any more than 250 calories, but maybe I'm wrong.

What are your thoughts on the matter? =P

You have to make sure you're looking at raw or cooked, then cut of beef and then levels of fat, some will say trimmed to such and such
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    The MFP entry would be 388 calories for 194 grams of rib eye, fat trimmed. ETA - raw.
  • MayFartDuringSquats
    Options
    0.194 kg is 194 grams.

I generally find stuff here
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Then try to find in mfp.
    Words like steak are going to send you off on someone else's garbage input.
    Need to use "beef, top, round," type search string. Then cooked or amount of fat (lean) etc.
    I've also noticed that stuff with * at the beginning, are more often than not untrusted entries.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    0.194 kg is 194 grams.

I generally find stuff here
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Then try to find in mfp.
    Words like steak are going to send you off on someone else's garbage input.
    Need to use "beef, top, round," type search string. Then cooked or amount of fat (lean) etc.
    I've also noticed that stuff with * at the beginning, are more often than not untrusted entries.

This is how I do it as well.
    I also believe that the MFP entry (one without *) uses that same information. I just find it can be hard to find sometimes.
  • Ginerrva
    Ginerrva Posts: 226
    Options
    Thanks all =] I'll look it up, more specifically, on the website recommended. I'll look for a calorie count of around 388.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    And don't forget to log the oil used for cooking separately.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Thanks all =] I'll look it up, more specifically, on the website recommended. I'll look for a calorie count of around 388.

Sorry, to clarify, that was the count I got when I found the entry that reflect the nutrition data site, then entered in the amount you had. It didn't automatically come up as 388 right away.