Fish...give me some new ideas.

Options
We eat fish about once a week. Usually grilled, baked or fried with lemon or lemon and pepper. That's all. Nothing special. Well, we were given 2 gallon size ziplock bags half full of fillets after a fish fry this weekend that need used within the next few days... It will make about 3-4 meals. It can't be refrozen. Give me some new healthy lower calorie fish dishes that I can use please! :)

Replies

• johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I put fresh salsa on the filets, then top with lower fat cheddar cheese. Bake until done. 400 for about 25 min. Depending on thickness of the filet. You can serve it with brown spanish rice and avocado salad.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I like to put fish in a foil packet in the oven with different veggies, a little lemon, a little butter for flavor, and whatever spice calls out to me in the cabinet that day. The fish and veggies steam inside the packet. The great thing about this is that both hubby and I can eat it different since I tend to like mine spicy and he doesn't.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Make a fish stew:

4 Fillets of Fish (should be at least 7" pieces)
    Minced Garlic (3-4 cloves),
    1 Chopped Large Onion
    2 Cups of Veggie Broth
    2 tbsp of Chili Powder
    2-3 Cups of Diced Tomatoes
    1 Chopped Large Yellow, Orange or Red Bell Pepper
    1/2 Cup of Non Fat Greek Yogurt
    1 Cup of your favorite Mushroom (chopped)

Saute Onions until translucent (I use coconut oil), add peppers, mushrooms, garlic and chili powder, saute for another minute or two.
    Add broth and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes
    Add Fish and simmer until fish is cooked
    Slowly stir in yogurt until stew reaches a simmer and is ready to serve
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fish pie!
  • TimmyT66
    Options
    This website has been mentioned a few times on here and to be fair it's really good http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Fish Recipes
  • k8erade14
    Options
    1. Fish Tacos!! Season the fish with chili powder, cayenne and some lime. Bake. Slice into bite size pieces. Serve with corn tortillas, lots of cabbage dressed with lime juice, S&P, fresh tomatoes, hot sauce. Make brown spanish rice (or quinoa) by cooking with a can of Rotel, chilis and cilantro to taste!

2. Or...a rif on your lemon, or lemon pepper - season with S&P, lemon, leeetle bit of extra virgin olive oil, top with a thin slice of tomato and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and black pepper. Bake on a layer of thinly sliced yellow onion (if you'd like...). Awesome with brown rice and a spinach salad or sauteed rainbow chard!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    We do a fish curry that's really good.

1 can lite coconut milk
    1-2 tbs curry paste (we usually use green Thai kitchen brand)
    tsp fish sauce
    1/4 cup or so chicken broth
    1 can bamboo shoots
    1-1.5 cups green peas
    4-5 small fish (removed from the bones)

We usually combine everything but the peas in the crockpot and leave it on low for 5-6 hours and add the peas about 1/2 hour before we eat it. However, you can cook it on the stove top pretty quickly too (30 minutes maybe). Serve with brown rice (we've also had it with regular rice and quinoa)
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree-Fish Tacos are great. I could eat them everyday.