Finish JMBR by the end of the Year

Options
Does anyone want to join a support thread for those that want to complete JMBR by the end of the year? Actually this thread will have to be retro-active to 1 Oct to complete the 90 – three phases of JMBR. However, I think we are close enough to call it done if we get started right away.

The fact is some of us started a JMBR thread on 1 October, but I think MFP nixed our thread because one of our members was promoting their products. So, please join us, but don’t try to sell your stuff on this thread. Hope we can get this off the ground again.

I lost 8 pounds doing the JMBR quick start (2 workouts/day) and another 3 the first week of the regular JMBR (1 workout/day). This has been a good program for me. I hope to hear good news from some of you. Join us please.

Replies

• stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Come on JMBR fans. I know you're out there. Lets help each other get through JMBR in the next 83 days. You know you want to!!!
    What a great way to start the new year than already be in JMBR shape on day one of 2013. Join us and lets do this:smile:

Stormy
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have JMBR! I would love to join the thread.
  • stormywxs
    Options
    I have JMBR! I would love to join the thread.

Good to have you on board.. I know there are more JMBR out there, hopefully they'll join us soon. The idea is to finish all three phases of JMBR by the end of the year. That pretty much means Phase 1 done by the end of October, phase 2 in November and Phase 3 in December. I'm thinking if we do this we'll be in great shape to start out the new year with some killer resolutions.

Talk is cheap though. I'm going to need help and support to keep up the motivation to make it 90 days. I'm hoping you and others will join us checking in whenever we have a success story or just need some support. Hope to hear from all of you JMBR fans soon.

Stormy
  • stormywxs
    Options
    Starting week 3 today with JMBR Workout 3 for the first time. Although I had a set back on week two, (gained 3 pounds), this week I lost 1. Overall I have lost 9 pounds, if I count the week I did the quick start before 1 October. Anyway, I'm still liking JMBR:heart: I find it kinder and gentler than p90X or Insanity. It is much more suitable fro my age and fitness level. However, it is still a respectable challenge for me.

I'd love to hear from some more of you JMBR fans. I plan to keep posting reports in hopes of more of you joining me.
  • PaprikaPrincess
    Options
    It's going to be close but if I take out the rest days I should be pretty close to finishing!
  • stormywxs
    Options
    It's going to be close but if I take out the rest days I should be pretty close to finishing!

I find I need the rest days to recover. It could be just my age but I think I'd try to accelerate phase one by doing only one week of workouts 1 & 2 instead of two weeks. If that doesn't catch you up then do the same kind of thing for week 3. Also, there is nothing magic about finishing on 31 December. So what if you finish on 14 January. You'll still be in killer shape to start the new year.

The important thing is to keep pressing play everyday. Thanks for joining me:smile: Hope we get some more JMBRs to help motivate us on our quest.
  • stormywxs
    Options
    I've lost a total of 12 pounds so far since I've started JMBR. Monday will actually be the start of week 4 for the regular JMBR but I did do the JMBR quick start the week before the 1st of October. So far I'm still motivated by the exercise and I haven't injured myself. The hard part for me is the diet. I can't follow Jillian's diet plan. I know I would be too hungry to stay with it at 1200 cals a day. I've been maintaining about 1700cals/day with good success.

As i mentioned there are several of us in a group at the school I use to work at doing this too. Most of the group is hanging in too. I'm the only one that has not missed a day but several of us have completed 80% or more of the sessions. We range in age from 40-66. We all listen to our bodies and know our limitations so we've avoided injuries so far. I still have to say I:heart: JMBR.
  • PaprikaPrincess
    Options
    I am struggling with getting the time of day for the workout right. I have arthritis in my knees and shoulders and mornings I am fairly stiff. In the evenings I am tired. Mornings are better timewise so I think I will have to get up early enough to get warmed up. I completed the workouts for week 1 (again) last and will start week 2 today.

I am not following the diet plan that came with JMBR but will start to post the exercise in my log.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've started it a couple of times but given up. I'm now on day 4. I hope to finish it this time.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I just started JMRB today, I'm not sure if I can get this done by the end of the year but it will be close!
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of week four right now. I've already gone down one size in dress pants, so I am very happy! I'm excited to move to week five to try the new DVDs although I'm a little scared of Cardio 2. I've heard it's intense!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for it to be delivered in mail, according to tracking it is almost here and I plan on starting right away. My birthday is in late January and I would love to be finished and at my goal weight which is about 25 pounds away.
    I like threads better than groups, easier to get to so I would be happy to join your thread. :flowerforyou:
  • stormywxs
    Options
    I am waiting for it to be delivered in mail, according to tracking it is almost here and I plan on starting right away. My birthday is in late January and I would love to be finished and at my goal weight which is about 25 pounds away.
    I like threads better than groups, easier to get to so I would be happy to join your thread. :flowerforyou:

My birthday is in the middle of January and I'm hoping JMBR is going to get me to my goal by then as well. I'm 17 pounds away from my goal right now and would like to do more by mid January. So, we are really in the same boat here. Hope we can both share good news on this thread.
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, so I should be finished by the middle of jan. (hopefully) So far Im loving it.
  • stormywxs
    Options
    Great to see all of you joining our finish JMBR thread. I’m on track to finish Phase One by this Saturday. We have a group of about 10 of us doing this together. We are all excited about moving on to phase two. The members of my group are also in a biggest loser group at the school district we work in. I think I can say with confidence everyone in our group that has participated on a regular basis (at least 80% of the time) has lost weight.

So, at least from our group of 10, I’d say JMBR is a winner. I hope all of you have similar or better results than our group. Looking forward to hearing your success stories. :tongue:
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    my dvd's arrived Wednesday, I unboxed them yesterday. measured and weighed myself today grr, I have gained 18 pounds since July, used my broken wrist and foot as excuse to eat too much and with no activity the weight piled on. Been active again since beginning of September, but kept eating crap, so now I have to re - lose 18 pounds plus 12 more.
    I am using her quick start food, but sticking to one work out per day because I already hike or bike commute everyday, which has a burn of between 500-1000 calories according to my hrm.
    Anyone else at the start of the program? Any tips to dealing with hunger when starting to cut back on food?
    :smile: :smile:
  • mommamia9211
    Options
    Just started ( for a 3rd time ) on Wednesday. I don't think that I had the motivation the first couple of times, but I do now. I never made it through the first week! So after finishing day 3 of the kickstart week I am feeling great. I actually have energy now to keep up with my one year old. I am not following her diet plan, but I am trying to watch what I eat. I hope after this week I can continue to follow the schedule and maybe add 30 day shred into the mix. I hope that posting here keeps me going this time around!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm on week 8. Workouts 7 & 8 are killer for me.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8. Moving on to phase 3 on Monday. It's a great program!
  • stormywxs
    Options
    Just weighed in with my biggest loser group today. Only lost one pound this week. Hey, it is a loss and I know why I didn’t lose as much as in previous weeks. It was not because of JMBR workouts – I have kept on schedule from the day I started 4 weeks ago with the workouts.

My problem this week was pushing away from the table!!!! I get so hungry when I workout hard. Nice problem to have though. Next week I hope to do better. This is the time of year I lose focus
    Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. With all of your help I’m going to make it through the holidays as a loser instead of a gainer.:wink: