Hi! I lift heavy-ish! Fan of Anabolic, MDA, Paleo... :)

Options
Hey MFP!

Once upon a time I had an account here, back when I was obsessed with meticulous calorie counting and running 6 days a week. That ended badly. I lost about 20 pounds, but I wound up completely obsessed with food and calorie counts, and injured myself. I have recurrent runner's knee and some emotional damage as a result.

HOWEVER

After much soul-searching and experimentation, I have come to side with the paleo/primal/eat whole foods community on nutritional things. I recently started the Anabolic Diet though... I don't like the name. The premise is 12 days of pretty carb-restricted days, followed by 5 days low carb/2 days consuming complex carbs, focused heavily on whole foods that fill you up. I mostly track on here for carb count, not necessarily calories. I've lost a couple of pounds so far, probably water weight, but hey, that's groovy too.

Also in the process of becoming a heavier lifter. I started lifting heavy-ish (i.e. with barbells and larger dumbells and squat racks) about a month ago, a little more than that, and just deadlifted 160 lbs yesterday! Can't afford crossfit, though I respect the hell out of those of you that do it.

I love music, and bacon, and Brussels sprouts, and squats. Yay! Hope I can befriend some of y'all! :)

Replies

• TumblingSuperhero
    TumblingSuperhero Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    first of all, huge respect for the 160 lbs deadlift :-)
    I consider myself a lightly heavy lifter, I mess around with kettlebells (mostly 12 and 16 kgs which would be 27 lbs and 35 lbs). Also, I experimented with Paleo for a while, went pretty awesome, but then some health concerns came up (not because of Paleo, but because of my stupidity for going as low-carb as humanly possible), so I had to introduce some non-Paleo stuff back, but I still like to eat Paleo-ish.

And I absolutely share your love for bacon and squats! :-D

With that said, add me iff you'd like to :-)
  • aloubere
    Options
    Though i cannot agree with your taste for brussel sprouts, I like the rest of your post! I am on here for similar reasons as you, counting carbs is a never ending battle. I usually use this site to count calories when I have to make a weight class for a jiu jitsu tournament, but this time it is for my first MMA fight, which i have to lose 5 lbs more for. I too am using kettlebells consistently and i love the results that they show. You guys both seem cool and seem to know your stuff!