Women with PCOS: Glucosmart and Estrosmart

Options
I am looking at these two products here:

http://healthyimmunity.com/products/Estrosmart.asp

and

http://healthyimmunity.com/products/Glucosmart-for-Diabetic-Support.asp

Does anyone here take them? What has your experience been? Has it helped?

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bump again. Maybe I can get some replies this evening!
  • StephMykytuk
    Options
    Hi

I am looking into taking Glucosmart by Lorna Vanderhaeghe. I am interested in it for the d-chiro insotol. I am going to ask my doctor about it when I am there in Sept. See what she says.
  • raylenel
    Options
    Hi there,

I have PCOS. I took Metformin years ago, but have since tried a more natural approach. I just recently started Glucosmart and Estrosmart. Thankfully it seems to be agreeing with my stomach a lot more than the Metformin did. I hope it helps with some weight loss.
  • StephMykytuk
    Options
    So I am going to start Glucosmart soon! I have purchased it. I think I am going to take 2 a day as I am over 150 lbs. Also just started hearing about Estrosmart. Should I be taking that too? Has anyone else taken these produts?
  • raylenel
    Options
    How are you making out with your Glucosmart? I actually saw Lorna speak this weekend. Amazing lady.
  • StephMykytuk
    Options
    Haven't started them yet. Soon, just trying to figure out if I need to take this Glucosmart too.
  • Rapunzel0
    Rapunzel0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Glad you mentioned taking 2 a day of the Glucosmart. I am over 150lbs and I somehow missed to take two. I have on occasion. I have been taking them for about a month now. I am also doing the adrena and thyrasmart. Once those are done I will just stick to the Gluco. It is so nice to find some info as doctors aren't so keen or knowledgable on the topic of PCOS. Will definitely start taking 2 a day.
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Have you had bloodwork done? Do you know if you need those products? Have your doctor check you for insulin resistance and have them check your hormone levels as well.

IF you have insulin resistance (not all women with PCOS do), then there's an extended-release Metformin that is much easier on the stomach. I've been on it for a year with no stomach issues, and my doctor said all of his patients who take the XR version report the same thing. If you have IR, you also need to keep your carbs at or under 100-130/day and balance the carbs with protein (called "linking").

IF you are deficient in a hormone, your doctor can prescribe a substitute. I take progesterone drops (placed under my tongue with an eyedropper) every night. My estrogen is fine, so he took me off the BCP that were exacerbating my insulin resistance.

I say IF because PCOS is a broad area with multiple symptoms. You can't treat it by just knowing you have it and blindly buying products aimed toward women who have it. That's like taking headache medicine when you have pneumonia.

Stop pumping money into these health food store snake oil salesmen. Find a doctor who understands PCOS and is willing to do bloodwork. If I'd done that when I was 19 and started having symptoms, I could have avoided 16 years of being obese and gaining up to 20 pounds per month.