energy drinks

Options
arosegeo
arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
does anyone drink them? if yes what kind, and why is it the taste or the boost? and how do you feel about all the negitive stigma around them?

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I like 5 Hour Energy. If I am SUPER tired (and especially if I have just woke up) then they seem to help me get a boost to get going. Other than that I don't really use them.
  • amp187
    amp187 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm more or less a health devotee, but I have one vice... Monster Energy Drink

I shudder at the thought of how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on them over the years
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Red Bull, Monster Khaos, and Monster Rehab

LOVE the flavor and the boost!!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    sugar free Red Bull & Red Bull Total Zero.

Really expensive, so I'm trying to kick the habit.

RB Total Zero tastes like cabonated water.
    RB Sugar Free has a kick to it. Can't really explain the flavor. It's pretty intense.

Both give me a lot of energy and put me in a good mood. Red bull is the only energy drink that works well in that sense for me, which is why I pay a couple bucks more verses getting a cheaper drink. Monster, Rockstar, all of those don't have much of an effect on me but I think that really depends on the person.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Only sugar free ones, but sure. It costs my wife and I 60 a month. It's manageable but pricy.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i used to pound monster assaults all day, now i drink RevvNRG its an energy drink alternative, thats really good for you. I love it!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. :smile: I'm pretty sensitive to caffiene so energy drinks tend to give me headaches and the shakes. I used to drink Amp when I had to be at work at 5am, and I would still be shaking by the time I left at 3pm.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I don't drink them, but that's a personal choice. I don't drink coffee either, I am a weirdo.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Gross gross gross. I'm one of those people that don't drink them. Namely because:

1. They're expensive
    2. I have a feeling I'd become dependent on them
    3. I choose to drink beer. Not some energy crap in a can
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The Acute Effect of a Caffeine-Containing Energy Drink on Mood State, Readiness to Invest Effort, and Resistance Exercise to Failure

http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2012/10000/The_Acute_Effect_of_a_Caffeine_Containing_Energy.33.aspx
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I love Monster.
    I am really liking the Rehab Monster w/ Green Tea.

I usually only drink them if I know its going to be a long night or if I'm on a road trip.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Rockstar Zero Carb (the blue can) has a pretty high caffeine content. I drink about 48 ounces of that a day.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i dont drink them.. they can make your heart explode.
    but, if i drink a coke (yumm!)
    it wakes me up and puts my behind in gear!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    I'm more or less a health devotee, but I have one vice... Monster Energy Drink

I shudder at the thought of how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on them over the years

me to a T. those low carb blue monsters im addicted to, if it comes out that they have crack in them, i wouldn't be all that surprised.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Don't touch them, if I want to energy I workout or just drink coffee.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 Hour Energy once or twice a month. I find that they help me be more alert.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee so when I need apick me up, I have an energy drink. I love the Monster Rehab with Rojo Tea...it is delicious!! I also like the new zero monster...in the white can. My husband drinks them daily...which I don't like because I think he is going to have a heart attack. But, I drink them every once in a while. Lately every weekend, because we have ben up late doing housework. I am a huge advocate that everything is fine in moderation. :)
  • TracySTL
    TracySTL Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really like the taste on effect of the Mio Energy water enhansing drops. Of course I like to add them to Sprite Zero, but it gives me a boost, and has no sugar or carbs. Also helps me get my water down. Also, the Black Cherry Mio Energy is AWESOME in a Diet Coke, but they tell you not to do that. LOL
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I used to be ALL ABOUT Red Bull, for years, probably beginning with my retail days, lol. I cut it out almost completely when I got serious about losing weight. I did have a sugarfree one once in a while, which was surprisingly not as disgusting as I expected. :)

I will say, though, I had my first Red Bull in about a month and a half last week (as a treat to celebrate a good BP reading), and it was actually kind of gross. Tasted like pure sugar syrup or something. Weird how your body adjusts. Only a few months ago, I would have called that a "good batch" lol. Weird.