HELP need Busy Mom Workouts

Options
I am having a hard time with trying to fit working out in with my daily routine. I have had a lot of life changes occur within the past few months and I have become more busy than ever. I recently got engaged, just moved into my first apartment, just started a new job... A WHOLE LOT... I work 6 days a week for 8 hours straight.... It seems like the only exercise I get is walking up 4 flights of stairs with my 3 year old to get to my apartment.... I wake up at 6:00 AM to be out of the door by 7:00 AM... Take my daughter to daycare...Get to work by 8... Work until 5.. Pick up my daughter by 5:30.. Make it home by 6:30 to cook, clean, unpack, get my daughter ready for school the next day... And before I know it, it's time for bed :yawn: .... I thought that purchasing a Wii would make it easier to get my workout in, but I haven't found it easy at all :huh: ... Does anyone have any advice for me? I know that this is considered "normal" for most folks, but this is all new to me. Who else out here has gone through this and what did you do to MAKE time to workout?

Thanks in advance for the advice :happy:

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Have a look on Amazon for their ten minute solutions - they are great exercise dvds and each routine takes 10 mins.
  • w292737
    w292737 Posts: 25
    Options
    Book your time after the kiddo is in bed. My kids are in bed by 8 and I pop in my dvd and do my 30-60 minute work out, and I'm done.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Book your time after the kiddo is in bed. My kids are in bed by 8 and I pop in my dvd and do my 30-60 minute work out, and I'm done.
    This or get up a half hour early and do it before your day starts. I find that if I do it first (I have to get up at 5 to accomplish this) is I'm less likely to skip a workout from being warn out by the end of the day. I have the same kind of day you have so I know it's doable. Good luck!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian's DVDs? They are short and effective.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i use Daniel millers android apps (not sure if on iphone) they are 5 or 10 min workouts that you can squeeze into a busy life. there is abs, legs, arms, butt and cardio. if im really busy ill spread them out over the whole day. good luck. :-)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv or ZWOW (Zuzka Light on youtube) - 12 to 20 min workouts that kick your butt.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred after your daughter goes to bed.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can you walk at lunch? Bring sneakers, walk for 30 minutes and eat after your walk.