Fruit sugars

Options
Hi I eat tons of fruit now instead of other snacks as part of my diet. This is fine but seems to make the sugar count in my daily diet numbers really high. Is this a bad thing ? Are fruit sugars bad and am I just replacing chocolate with something just as fattening ?

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some medical need to watch your sugar intake (diabetes, for example) it's not necessary to track it; those foods/calories are accounted for in your carbohydrate count.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar recommendation on here every day because of the fruit I eat. I have lost 100 pounds since March and my lab work looks great, so I just don't worry about it. I would only worry about the sugar if it was coming from processed stuff with added sugar.
  • vossbark
    Options
    I go over my sugar recommendation on here every day because of the fruit I eat. I have lost 100 pounds since March and my lab work looks great, so I just don't worry about it. I would only worry about the sugar if it was coming from processed stuff with added sugar.

Thanks that's what I was hoping but its hard not to think that all that sugar will turn to fat. But if you've lost 100 lbs in 6 months it obviously works !! Well done.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I found that too and got tired of seeing red all the time....so I changed the MFP goal for sugar to 60g which is the recommended daily allowance.

I feel better about it now and rarely go over it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some medical need to watch your sugar intake (diabetes, for example) it's not necessary to track it; those foods/calories are accounted for in your carbohydrate count.

First one = right one.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    no.. carbs is sugar so whether u get 50g sugar from fruit, or 50g sugar from candy its practically the same... ofcourse there are micronutrient benefits but body comp wise its similar. goes for all carbohydrates.

..unless u have diabetes or pre diabetic then you eat lower glycemic carbohydrates and more fiber.