Missing a meal, does it matter?

Options
Hiya

Hubby let me have a giant sleep in this morning so when I got up, I had lunch and have planned a chicken and veg stir fry for dinner. Now will it matter that for today, I'll be missing the calories from breakfast? Should I try to make these up? Or just leave it and have today as a random low cal day?

Ta :)

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You can do either- one day won't make much of a difference. :)
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Your muscles can only use so many calories at once. It's better to eat the same amounts that you normally eat. Once your muscles have had enough, they let your fat cells enjoy the remaining calories. So it's better to eat smaller meals more frequently a day.

If you decide you need to catch up on your calories, you should add a few small snacks throughout the day instead of eating larger portions during your regular meals.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I will only add that a pound of weight is 3500 calories. Eat 3500 calories more than you burn, and you gain a pound. Eat 3500 calories less than you burn, and you loose a pound. It is basic simple math. Keep that in mind when you read some of the advice that you'll occasionally see here on MFP in the many different threads and postings.
  • kabailz13
    kabailz13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I ended up going and watching a friend's son play teeball and ate some snacks there lol