50 pounds down!

Options
2»

Replies

• genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    I just had to share! As of my weigh-in this morning, I have officially lost 50 pounds!!!! AMAZING! 5 more to go. :)
    AND to make it even better, I was in the mall looking at the new spring clothes, and on a whim decided to try on the next size smaller jeans, and fit! I fit into a size 8!! Still a bit tight around the thighs, but will totally be there soon.
    Can't quite get over it.

:flowerforyou: WOW..WOW...WOW..WOW..WOW ... I am so happy for you....You must feel so proud, I know I would!:flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! Please post your before and now pic's !!!!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fantastic! Keep it up
  • JAH1123
    Options
    WOW .... good for you .. 50lbs is a MAJOR accomplishment!!! How did you do it?
  • hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn't do anything super fancy. or out of the ordinary.
    I joined a gym with my family, and go at least 5 days a week. I found that going to the same gym as my family helped keep me accountable through that first month. After that, I began to really look forward to going to work out after work. I was lucky enough to be able to meet with a fitness trainer a couple of times, and she helped me design a weight workout that I try to do 4 times a week. I try to be good and do the whole weight rountine each time, but I don't always. Intersetingly enough, I noticed that when I don't do my weights, and only do cardio, my weight loss slows down. I like to get my cardio in on the elliptical machine, usually 30 - 40 mins each time. Although lately I also go for long walks with my friends, when it's sunny (and since I live in Washington state, we go out in the sun when we can!) I have also started running a bit. Run for 2 mins, walk for 2, repeat.

I also started eating waaaaaaaay healthier. I couldn't belive how much crap I was putting into my body. In August, when I started to get serious about this, I cleaned out all my cupboards and fridge and am trying to only put healthy things in them. Eating more fruits and veggies. I also realized I don't need to eat as MUCH food as I was before. I like to take a lean cusine for lunch, since it's so convienent. Before I started this lifestyle change, I would take a lean cusisne, and some chips, and 100 cal pack of cookie, an apple, maybe crakers. WAAAAAAAAY to much food. Now I eat my lean cuisine slowly, and am not hungry for more food.
    Also found it very helpful to eat several times a day. I have breakfast at 7:30, eat a snack at 10/ /10:30, lunch at 12:30 - 1 , snack around 3, then gym, at 4:30 small snack IF I am really, truley hungry,( which is not too often) and then dinner! I do often eat another small snack between dinner and bed.

I loved it when I finally realized that I needed to eat my exersice calories back. Made such a huge difference, not only to my weight loss, but also to my life! I feel like it's enabled me to be able to go out a grab a drink with friends, have a nice (but smart) dinner out, grab the occasional Starbucks, and not feel guility. I know that I have earned my treat, my time with friends, etc. and even if I go over, it's actuallY OK! I love thai food and chocolate and will work out really hard if I know I can have one of those every once in a while! :)
    I just plain ol' refuse to let eating less and smarter restrict my life. Actually, it's opening up my life.... I just got back from a nice long walk with a friend, and there is no way I could have done all those hills, or even considered a two hour walk a year ago!

So really, I am not doing anything special. We have all chosen this new path, and it's TOTALLY ACHIEVABLE! GO YOU!
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, congrats!!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! You should be so proud!!!:flowerforyou:

Cheers to your continued success!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!