Help with green tea!

Options
I think I'm going to do a week straight of drinking green tea and water only. going to stay clear from coffee... Has anyone done this before and seen Results with the weightloss? Also is there a difference between hot tea and iced?

Replies

• Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Waiting to read replies to ur post.
    I love green tea and all teas but I want to cut down too.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't like coffee so I always drink green tea iced only just my preference. I have lost almost 30 pounds but I don't just think its because of the tea . I used to drink lots of Monster energy drinks and switched to green tea.just to throw this out there I only do a cheat once a month and only one meal not a whole day.
  • tiffanyneedstolose
    tiffanyneedstolose Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love monsters also! During the week I drink about 3 grande ice coffees at work (Starbucks) but I'm not really losing weight I've changed my diet and I work out the only thing I have not changed was the coffee part so I'm thinking this may be the reason why I have not seen the change
  • beaudrydasha
    beaudrydasha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink copious amounts of green tea, hot and cold. The "scientific studies" I've read say that it by itself will yield one or two pounds of weight loss a year. Not much but it goes in the right direction. I mix matcha powder in with hot or cold water, sometimes experiment with Korean "bori chai" green tea. Jasmine green tea is my favorite, especially as iced tea. Marukai and other Japanese markets sell it in plastic bottles but it is expensive if you're an addict. There is still caffeine in green tea but less than coffee. Since I started running every day I've found that coffee makes me anxious. - and cream is terrible in green tea, no temptation.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of tea everyday, especially matcha, which is much much better than green tea, as you are drinking the entire leaf instead of a steeping. I've lost weight, but really, it's probably the jiu jitsu and eating better, not the tea.

If you are doctoring your tea with cream and sugar like coffee, you really aren't cutting calories.

However, look into guayusa teas, I find after I drink those I feel full. Really great inbetween meals (but not in the evening, LOTS of caffeine in guayusa).