NSV ring sizes

Options
FDwife153
FDwife153 Posts: 15 Member
for some reason when i start to drop weight/inches--i notice it first in my fingers. weird i know. but but wedding ring has been constantly rotating on me and then my other ring, which is usually so tight i cant get off without the use of lotion, has not problem coming off now.

dont think i'll resize them until much later (especially since they are already a size 6)...but it definitely encouraging to see little things changing here and there. definitely keeps my motivation up! :)

what NSV have you hit recently? :)

Replies

• TabathaAnn8
    Options
    I have a strange place I lose weight first too apparently! My neck! I felt like my necklace had been getting tighter before I joined MFP. Then lately it felt more loose, so just to be sure I wasn't crazy I measured my neck and I had lost an inch! No where else, just my neck... so weird! But I'll take it!
  • FRTrimmer
    Options
    One reason I knew I had to lose some weight was because one of my rings was so tight that I had to stop wearing it! I hope I don't lose too much from my fingers though, they're relatively dainty as it is and I don't want my wedding ring flying off.
  • poocon
    poocon Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    feeling silly...what does nsv stand for? :)
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    NSV = non scale victory!

I have the same problem - have a beautiful wedding ring, diamonds and sapphires, that my husband just had resized and all prettied up for me for Christmas 2010 - too big now! Then I also have a plain band I wear (because I'm so hard on my jeweled ring!) - can't wear it, too big! So I pulled out the "pre-engagement" ring my husband gave me in 1990 and I haven't been able to wear for probably 15 or more years - and IT FITS! I, too, will wait until I reach my goal weight to get my rings resized.... but it's a cost I'll gladly incur!

Another NSV for me recently - not having to get an extender for the seatbelt on the airplane - awesome feeling!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Don't feel silly-that's why we're here...NSV simply means non scale victory. For example, two of mine were that the quality of my
    sleep has improved and I have more stamina and endurance compared to a month and a half ago when I started this plan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!