New and looking for friends...guy in my 30's...

Options
So I've been on this site for about a month, and It's been very helpful. I've got a few friends here, but they're also friends that run a group on another network, so they don't respond much here.

I'm soon to be 33, 6'4, 311 pounds. I live in Spring Grove, Pa.

I started paying attention to my weight and health about a year and a half ago, and have been trying to lose weight ever since. I started at 390 pounds, and I've slowly gotten down to my current weight. I guess I just got tired of being overweight, diabetic, and full of health issues.

That and having to spend a ton of extra money on wardrobe, and other life amenities got old. My weight has also affected my career (Public Safety/Law Enforcement) more than a few times. I've got a wonderful wife and daughter who I'd like to see grow old. Screw eating myself to death.

About a month ago I started Phentermine; that coupled with a drastic change in diet and frequent exercise has sky rocketed my weight loss. I'm losing about two pounds a day. I've lost 19 pounds since starting an account on this site and about 80 pounds in total. I'm looking to weigh somewhere under 250 when it's all said and done.

I'm all about getting some friends here as I've seen how much support this community can give. There's more about me in my profile. If I look like someone you'd wanna befriend...do it!!

Replies

• allisless
    allisless Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I like that you are health minded about your weight loss goals instead of focusing on just looks. Let's be friends :)
  • amonkeydidit
    Options
    Thanks! Looks aren't everything. I'm more into people's personalities.

If you're awesome, then you're awesome with me.

Added!!
  • TheBigDog923
    Options
    Sounds like you've gotten a good start. Feel free to add me.
  • amonkeydidit
    Options
    Request sent!