Needing a sugar substitute

Options
I cannot stand splenda... I want something that tastes like sugar not fake any ideas?????

Replies

• EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I cannot stand splenda... I want something that tastes like sugar not fake any ideas?????

If you aren't diabetic, you should just use real sugar. Artificial sweeteners are terrible for the human body. I would suggest either using real cane sugar, honey, or agave syrup.
  • AWDGhostRider
    Options
    Agave syrup isn't all its cracked up to be. It can raise triglycerides. I found a new sweetener at my local Kroger that is made from monk fruit. Its called Nectresse. It doesn't have that after taste of stevia and tastes good in hot tea.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    White Stevia doesn't have such a bad aftertaste as green or brown stevia.
  • sollalala
    Options
    I use agave syrup and honey in recipes and on healthy waffles and pancakes, they're really good! They are very sweet so you don't need a lot of it.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    sucanat or coconut sap. They are both great!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    honey, agave, natural maple syrup, demerara sugar, etc

Try using 50/50 stevia/sugar to cut out the grams in your meals. Also fruits a great substitute too.
  • chuckcressman
    Options
    there are natural sweeteners out there like Xylitol and Stevia. Hardly no calories and it doesnt kill your brain cells like white flour or white sugar. Xylitol has no after taste and can be purchased at a good health food store that has selection.
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    Truvia
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Truvia

^^ this!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have been type one diabeticfor 27 years and some taste better than others and I have Splenda and Truvia in my cupboards. Splenda has carbs which equals calories but not as many as sugar.....
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Whey Low! Wonder how we survive other sweeteners before we discovered it.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    stevia
  • alydavidson91
    Options
    I personally thought the Truvia was horrible! I use Nectresse, the best I've found so far.