Hello

Options
Hello Everyone. I am 22 and am heavier than I ever have been in my life. I have always struggled with weight and in high school I did everything I could to be skinny (including not eating most of the time). Well I want to be skinny again! I hate looking in the mirror and hating what I see... but the difference is, this time I want to do it the healthy way! I just recently got engaged and so I have even more motivation now! I've never been good at counting calories so I'm hoping this website will help me!

Replies

• odatcindy
    Options
    You can do it if you stick to the tracking. I've been doing this for two weeks and I've lost five pounds. I was at a plateau for a month and couldn't get off from it, but now I'm on my way. I love this site because I have it on my iPhone, so I have no excuse for not tracking. And I like the idea that I can see how many carbs, proteins, fats and sugars I am eating each day. I didn't think I was eating poorly, but a lot of my food contains sugar. What a surprise!! I like tracking my exercise, too, which I have increased in two weeks. If I eat all of my calories by dinner time and I want dessert, I know I have to get on the treadmill and earn my dessert. Sure makes you stick to i!
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    How cool that you 'want to do it the healthy way' at 22! I wish I was that smart when I was your age. Think I lived on diet Coke and fat-free fake foods for about 20 years. Spent the last 5 trying to undo the damage! Counting your calories definitely works. Boring, but it works.
    Veggies... at LEAST one red and one green veggie side a day...slice of tomato piece of lettuce on your hamburger doesn't count :wink: A big bowl of mixed green salad with lunch, pasta sauce, sauteed spinach in your egg white omelette, low-sodium veggie juice are the easiest...sauteed kale with quinoa and salmon is my favorite one-dish meal. Veggies fill you up (fiber, fiber) and have so many antioxidant micronutrients that you just can't get in a supplement.

Fruit...all kinds... but especially the ultimate superfruits...Berries! I always include at least one fruit smoothie a day with a mixture of frozen blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, maybe some frozen mango So easy to keep a bag in the fridge, and frozen actually has more vitamins and phytonutrients than fruit that's been trucked across the country and sitting in a produce bin for a week.
    Lastlhy, READ labels! If you don't know what it is or can't pronounce it, skip it!
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    It will definately help you if you use it! Its much different then counting calories, to me, that is the measuring each meal etc. I can't do that. I just log what I eat as I go and it helps me make better selections for my next meal:) Try the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels. It's awesome and a lot of us on this site are doing it. Good luck:)
  • tschaub
    tschaub Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I can already feel a difference in my energy level after only a little over a week and a half! I have lost weight already too. I have been going to the gym but I'm going to get the 30-Day Shred video you talked about.

Thanks again!