Question for the top heavy ladies...

Options
I have been searching for a good, supportive sports bra with no luck. I'm carrying around DDD's [unfortunately] so running and such tends to hurt. I've worn 2 bras, I normally duct tape but thats ridiculous and gets expensive over time. Have any of you had luck finding a good, supportive sports bra?

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Enell bras are wonderful for larger ladies. They keep me quite comfortable. They have to be ordered online, but their sizing is good, and they are built to last as well. Worth the price for sure!

http://www.enell.com/
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the right combo of two sports bras that makes the difference. My bottom layer is the normal one piece stretchy sports bra. Next is one that zips up the center and has more "individual" support. Then, I usually wear a reasonably tight shirt.

I've also used an Enell bra and like it, but don't have the money to buy new bras now.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36F even when I'm otherwise tiny, and my Panache bra works for me. Otherwise I have to double bra and wear a tank with a built in bra to boot.
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like the Moving Comfort Fiona bra.

here are some reviews: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/1,7120,s6-238-275--12029-0,00.html

Tammy
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a 34/36 DD (and have been since I was 13 and an athlete) so I feel your pain. Until a few months ago I wore 2 sports bras (one with underwire) and dealt with it. Recently I looked into Moving Comfort brand sports bras (www.movingcomfort.com or amazon). I ended up buying a knockoff on ebay for half the price because I'm cheap, but I LOVE it. No bounce. It's high cut and not particularly pretty, but it's amazing for running. I also bought a knockoff of the Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports bra (also on amazon) and I love that one as well. There are affordable options out there for us top-heavy ladies, we just have to look veryyyy hard!
  • Engineerphile
    Engineerphile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. I am a 34 DD and do circuit training/ cardio kickboxing/ jogging. I have slowly built my stash up to 5 in different colors. They wash great and dry fast. These bras are awesome - they even made exercise comfortable for the year I was nursing. Worth the money.
  • kmcleahy
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a 34H and quite active thanks to my favorite sport bra: Max Sports Top. I purchased it (as well as all my bras and swimsuits) online at Bravissimo.com - An English boutique specialized is top heavy women. I can run with this bra - no need for another one. Good luck!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Enell.
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks Ladies.. I'm a DDD and I have used sports bras over my bra... that works good. Thanks for the web address for the bras.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I/J cup here. Enell or shock absorber. i can sprint in those and have very little movement
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Enell bras are wonderful for larger ladies. They keep me quite comfortable. They have to be ordered online, but their sizing is good, and they are built to last as well. Worth the price for sure!

^^^^^ YES, YES, and YES!!

I recently bought a cheap Danskin for "heavy impact" and there is no comparison to the Enell.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

I recently bought a cheap Danskin for "heavy impact" and there is no comparison to the Enell.

he worst part about wearing improper bras isn't the bounce, it's the chafing you get when the straps dig into your shoulders and cut the skin, or they rub against your under boob and cut the skin, or they dont support the boobs well enough so they rub against each and that cuts the skin. all of these things have happened to me after only an hour workout. what might feel like a minor irritation when you run turn into a torture session when you take your post workout shower
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 D/DD (depending on brand). I go for choosing high impact materians + layers of support... When I teach Zumba I choose a high-impact sports bra + a low-impact sports bra, usually under a tank with a built-in shelf bra. Nary a jiggle...
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options

he worst part about wearing improper bras isn't the bounce, it's the chafing you get when the straps dig into your shoulders and cut the skin, or they rub against your under boob and cut the skin, or they dont support the boobs well enough so they rub against each and that cuts the skin. all of these things have happened to me after only an hour workout. what might feel like a minor irritation when you run turn into a torture session when you take your post workout shower

That's one of the reasons I love the Enell. The "straps" are so wide there is no digging. I started using Body Glide under my boobs before workouts, regardless of the bra I'm wearing to help with chafing. Honestly, I don't think I'll get it again because I found that Monistat has a product like this available at Target. It's cheaper, and my sister uses and likes it. I've also used straight corn starch between the boobs and it works well.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    34G here. I second, third, and fourth the Enell recommendations. I have 2 Enell bras--one I ordered in 2006 and one from 1998. 6 years and 14 years later, they are still in excellent condition! There is no elastic or spandex to rot, and no underwire to bend out of shape. They may be expensive initially, but when they last this long, it's money well spent.
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I was really hoping I would lose my "issue" as I lost weight like some do but now its becoming apparent that they are there to stay =( I'm going to look into every one that was mentioned. I appreciate everyone's feedbacks!