Nutribullet?

Options
I saw an infomercial this am on the Nutribullet (from the makers of the Magicbullet, which I had been thinking of getting but had hesitated dt mixed reviews). Has anyone used it? Love it? Hate it?

Replies

• snowdog57
    Options
    My wife and I were skeptical (being that we saw it on an infomercial), but gave in and bought one... Best purchase of our "newer, healthier" lifestyle. Previous to this purchase we usually cooked all of our veggies - steamed and micro'd - but I can tell a HUGE difference in my overall well-being by drinking the raw version. And, since they're much simpler to "produce" a meal, we eat much more fruits and veggies, on a daily basis, because of the 'Bullet. Normally I don't recommend many products I've purchased based on my feeling that everyone IS different, and results could vary - but just for the sake of eating healthier, I can't recommend it enough!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my nutribullet! It is very well made, compact for storage if that is a concern. Has taken the place on my counter for the normal blender. You can do so many things with it, not bullet your smoothies, but make nut butters, turn whole grains into flour. It is actually an extractor that leaves all the goodness in unlike a juicer. No need to spend tons of money on a vitamix, the nutribullet does it all. Comes with a great recipe book for lot's of great nutritious ideas, two small cups and 1 large with screw on tops & handles. Definately worth the money!!
  • loveamygdala
    Options
    I love the nutribullet. It gives me 2-4 cups of greens a day. Lots of sugars from the fruit, but it has really curbed my sweet cravings. And for the calorie exchange it is very good ... something about knowing I had spinach or chard makes me less concerned and harsh on myself for eating more vegetables during the day. And I think the hydration is quite powerful.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my nutribullet! It is very well made, compact for storage if that is a concern. Has taken the place on my counter for the normal blender. You can do so many things with it, not bullet your smoothies, but make nut butters, turn whole grains into flour. It is actually an extractor that leaves all the goodness in unlike a juicer. No need to spend tons of money on a vitamix, the nutribullet does it all. Comes with a great recipe book for lot's of great nutritious ideas, two small cups and 1 large with screw on tops & handles. Definately worth the money!!

It was on my TO-BUY list--but REALLY REALLY compares to a VITAMIX??????????:love:
    Next payday--I AM ON IT!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    THIS
    I love the nutribullet. It gives me 2-4 cups of greens a day.rful.

AND THIS
    Previous to this purchase we usually cooked all of our veggies - steamed and micro'd - but I can tell a HUGE difference in my overall well-being by drinking the raw version.

IS the dealio for me--I really want to go RAW--and consume copious amounts of greens on a daily basis..
    And the part of grinding the grains to a meal? As good as VITAMIX which cost millions of $$$$?

Cannot wait~~~

Thanks OP for this thread
  • Timkoetta
    Timkoetta Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Does it work better than a good blender? I use a blender now and it works fine. Whats the difference?
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My aunt & uncle got a Nutribullet a month or so ago and love it. He has advanced Parkinson's and so has problems swallowing, and she has digestive issues. Using the NB to drink their veggies every day has really helped them both. She's able to drink things that she couldn't eat before (such as almonds and seeds) and says she feels so much better. My husband and I are considering getting one since they love theirs so much.
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have had my nutribullet for two weeks and have started eating fresh greens and veggies due to the smoothies. I could not tolerate them raw in their natural form. I even have my 7year old hooked on the healthy smoothies. I am very grateful to have found this machine.
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It is a lot stronger than my blender. I put all whole foods in and it pulverizes everything together much better than my blender. U cannot even taste the greens.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get mine!:heart:
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    does the nb really "puverize" the veggies? I tried making one of the green juices using spinach, apples, kiwi and such things and used a Ninja blender ... it was a mess, chunks floating on top, water on bottom, not delish.
    from what I saw on the infomercials the NB does way better, in real life too, though?
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Does it work better than a good blender? I use a blender now and it works fine. Whats the difference?

It absolutely works better than a "good" blender. Have you ever tried to blend up kale in your blender? I do it EVERY morning in my green smoothies that I have for breakfast. The ONLY other blender on the market right now that is able to do that is the VitaMix, and as you know, that bad boy is $500+. So is it really worth it to hit up a Bed Bath & Beyond, use a 20% off coupon, and purchase a nutribullet for $80? YES. I've been using it for about 4 months, going on 5, and it really has been a life changing experience for my health. I never used to have breakfast, and now I can't go a day without having a nutriblast in the morning. I did once, and let me tell you, I felt more bloated and "backed up" to say the least. It just makes my system more efficient. I'm completely religious about it now. In fact, I'm going out of town this weekend for 3 days and I am dreading having to leave my nutribullet behind! It's really just 2 days I'll be missing, but I still need it! -- if ANYONE else on here has any ideas how I can combat this or maybe if I have to spend a lil' more on something at a health food store, then please do share!!!

Anyway, hope this helps you out!
  • Xephyr
    Xephyr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just got mine and it is excellent.
    It worked very well.
    Tasted good too.
    Used fresh spinach - blueberries, a little apple, raw flax seeds, raw pumpkin seed and raw cashews.

It blended them all up smoothly - didn't leak and tasted very fresh and good.

I kind of suspect the ones who leak may have not have screwed the cap on right.

This is so much better than our blender - my attempt at zucchini cream soup was sad in a blender. I can't wait to try with my nutribullet.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple of months now, and I LOVE it. Love it, love it, love it.

This thing smashes and pulverizes and demolishes greens and fruits. I love having a green drink for my first "meal" of the day, and will be working up to finishing my day with one as well. It's an amazing way to get a lot of nutrients, and it's SO easy.

The only thing I've noticed is it cuts down on the possiblity of leaks if you hold onto the cup part while it's blending. :)
  • arubadawn
    Options
    Loving the Nutribullet. Has my 11 year old drinking her veggies. I'm hoping this will help me with weight loss and to feel good. Just got it thought so I'll repost when I feel like I have more information.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love love love my nutribullet! I make almond flour and countless smoothies in mine:)! And soup to than heat I also make paleo banana bread muffin mix in there . Only problem with mine is sometimes , the lid will get stuck on to the point me and my roommate who do crossfit and my firefighter boyfriend can't open it! I read on a bodybuilder site even they can't open it , but someone told me to just throw it in the the fridge and it'll loosen , the seal just gets overheated
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet.. its awesome. im drinking a green beauty as i type this.. kale frozen peas, celery mixed berries banana, ice. coconut milk

I have made hummus, Guac, date paste, salsa. banana ice cream. it mills flax and oats almonds into flour.. it makes nuts butters

NOW one user says its comparable to a vita mix.. I cant say i agree with that.. i dont own a vita mix, but its my dream machine..

one.. the vita mix can make soups hot.. the NB can not.. it will puree them but you have to warm them.. also carrots and things more fibrous do not blend as smooth. you have to run it longer but it still has that fiber texture. I would imagine the vita mix would blend smoother

it cant make ice cream like a vita mix can..

so for the price and depending what you want it for.. it only holds 24 oz.. compared to 48 or 64 of a vita mix

I think both will hold a place in my kitchen.. my NB is a trooper i make all my own foods, but for big jobs i us my food processor..

i use my NB every day.. it was a great investment.. it blends greens better than any blender including the ninja. so it all comes down to what you want to do.. if blending and making small batches of flours, nut butters and such is what you want great.. the NB will be what your looking for, but if you want to make hot soups and sauces straight in the machine.. silky cold scoopable icecream.. the vita mix is what your after.

or you can be like me.. i have the NB and i want the vita mix as well, but drinking smoothies and using eat to live .. dr fuhrman plan.. nutrient dense eating i have went from 220 to 164.

just wanted to clarify what the NB can and cant do, but its a gem.. I love mine.
    it works great