new scale suggestions?

Options
I would like to go buy a new scale to start my new journey. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Taylor brand, digital, 20 bucks at walmart. Buy the replacement batteries on ebay. :wink:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Good question...I cannot help you but I want to know too because..
    I use two standard regular scales at home and they give me the same weight (both)...
    It's around the same weight that I get when I go for some medical check ups...I've checked many times in the past.

I wanted to get an electronic one.. So I was in some stores and they had some demo...
    I tried 6 different one... NOT A SINGLE ONE GAVE ME THE SAME FREAKIN' WEIGHT!...
    They weren't even close from each others.... not by 1 pound...some added me 10 freakin' pounds.
    Also they were all way off my right weight number...

This can be very frustrating...Imagine if I didn't know they weren't right... 10 pounds is a lot!

So I would like to know too, which ones are good and what the hell was wrong with these scales lol :P ?????
  • yayak13
    Options
    I just got rid of my old one and bought one at Walmarts over the internet and it is excellent. checked it against my doctor's scale and it was right on the money.

It is a Taylor Lithium 7506 and the cost was $23.90 if you pick it up at your local Walmarts.

My daughter had checked it out in her Consumers Report Magazine.

I have lost 12 pounds since I started August - best diet I have ever been on.

Kaye
  • yayak13
    Options
    Check out what I just wrote....Taylor Lithium through the internet @ Walmarts #7506.
  • TriNorm
    TriNorm Posts: 27
    Options
    I got a Withings scale about a year ago. It works great and automatically uploads weight and body fat to the Internet. And now it sends it to MFP as well - too cool!