365 days, 42 pounds lost [pic]

Options
AdenaJ
AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
I made it!

As someone who has quit and begun more healthy living plans than I can count, I am pleased that I have stuck with MyFitnessPal for one year. Today was my 365th day of logging in and tracking my food and exercise. I have lost more than 40 pounds so far, and at this point, I am uncertain how many sizes I’ve dropped. I still wear the same clothes for the most part (see photo). I do know that I have retired a couple of the pants that fit loosely at my heaviest and now can wear comfortably the ones that were tighter.

While I use discretion on what foods I eat, I have not cut anything out of my diet. I know me, and making any food off limits would have been a recipe for failure. Moderation and making healthy choices MOST of the time has been sustainable and has led to a true change in my lifestyle.

I have been in a weight-loss plateau for several months so I have increased my calorie intake and have incorporated more strength training into my exercise routine. This has jumpstarted my weight loss some, and I’m proud of myself for not giving up completely when the scale didn't budge.

In summary, here is my progress report since October 24, 2011:

* 365 consecutive days logging food intake and exercise on MyFitnessPal
* 41.8 pounds lost
* 21.70 total inches lost
* 272 miles walked/ran
* Participated in four 5K races and plan to walk/run (mostly walk) a half-marathon Saturday
* Average pace one year ago: 20-21 minute/mile
* Average pace today: 17-18 minute/mile
* Completed 30 consecutive days of Jillian Michaels’ 30-Day Shred in November 2011 after owning the DVD for two years

Here's to 365 more!

ajw_before_during_zps702167c2.jpg

Replies

• kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!

:drinker:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    First of all let me say..Congrats on finding what works for you in this lifestyle..You are beautiful and definitely see your progress...I wish you continued success...Take it one day at a time...Good luck and congrats again..
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    Awesome you look healthier & younger.. WTG!
  • ricknlauraplus8
    Options
    YOU are an inspiration! You look fabulous!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you look so amazing! I love seeing the b/a in the same outfit!!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    U are beautiful!! WTG!!! :)
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look great and I love your diet philosophy. I'm much the same way. Keep up the great work!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Absolutely outstanding ....... thanks for sharing ...... keep on truckin' !
  • plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful!!! You are beautiful and this is the message I needed to read today! Thank you!
  • dmnj33
    dmnj33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look GREAT !!! Keep up the healthy Lifestyle !!!!
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work, so inspiring!
  • nomad07811
    Options
    WONDERFUL WORK!!!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look awesome :)
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    go you and lovely dress!
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Congratulations! So pretty!
  • reddog101
    Options
    Great success for you. I could have written your post - it sounded so much like my own experience. (Except that you sound much better at your exercise program than I am.)
    I too am just pleased that I have been able this time to stick with my decision to lose weight.
    you look great.
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    wonderful post. congrats on making it 365 days! LOVE how your pictures are labeled "before" and "during". awesome!
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What an achievement! Congratulations - you're glowing in your current pic! Beautiful!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What great commitment and dedication to yourself! I think you look fantastic... And the best transformation is the one that is not necessarily visible... The one in your head... The one that is now shines through in that smile and sparkle in your eyes... that genuine air of happiness and confidence... Way to go and heres to another fabulous year!
  • Danette73
    Options
    Beautiful!! Congrats on the 42 lbs... an inspiration to all!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!