25 YO, Doing this for the last time

Options
Hello all....I'm a 25yo female looking for some support. I've been trying to lose weight since the age of 14. Hoping that this will be my last time. I have between 60 and 70 lbs to lose. I'm a lot more educated now and I have some great friends who are also on the bandwagon and doing well so I think I've got a good shot at it this time. Looking for constructive criticism and pats on the back when deserved. I'll most definitely return the favor. Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks so much!

Replies

• Welcome!

Good luck! It helps if you view this as a lifestyle change and not a diet :) Feel free to add me, I'd love to motivate and support you!
  • bobbyrosegr2000
    Options
    Hi There!

Good luck :) If you need any support just message me! I love cooking so have some great recipes :)
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That's right, if you make this a lifestyle change, it will definitely be the last time! And it's great you have some friends on the bandwagon who will support you! You can add me too, this community is impressive as support!
  • emmajohnson747
    emmajohnson747 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with weight loss since i was younger too! But this time its gonna be gone forever.We both have around the same to loose so I'm gonna add you!
  • ipock
    ipock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keep coming back and making this a routine. Don't expect things to change overnight. The more you log, the more you learn about yourself. In due time, you will feel like a completely different person. We're here for you! :)
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I snuck a peak at your profile and smiled when I saw that you had written, "I want to have good stats and be proud of myself when I go see the doc." I share that feeling. I view my annual check-up as sort of my report card for the year. My smarty pants of a sister has a lot of weight related health issues and grumbles when she is sent for lab work because she hates taking tests she doesn't do well on. Fortunately you are starting to address the problem while you are young so here's hoping that when you are middle aged and older you will ace all of those medical tests and be your doctor's favourite patient. :flowerforyou:
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    Welcome!! Will be glad to offer support!
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am 24 years old with quite a bit to lose as well. I'm sending you a friend request!
  • meatoc
    meatoc Posts: 4
    Options
    hi guys, i'm hoping to do this for the last time too! would love to help support people and receive some support from this awesome community! :)
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey. My name is Sarah. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'd be happy to support you.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm in for constructive criticism. Feel free to send friend request if that's really what you want.
  • cobrajes
    cobrajes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi welcome i just started as well best of luck
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm 29, and feel alot of the same things as you do. Yes, i stalked your profile :) Okay, maybe just glaced, but anyway. Feel free to add me. I have quite a bit of weight to lose also :)
  • Loquacious1
    Loquacious1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I focused on "being healthier" instead of "dieting" and it made all the difference!
    (I hate the word "diet"! Everyone has a diet! Whatever you eat is your diet, so we shouldn't focus on "being on one", in my opinion.) We're talking about a lifelong commitment to change, here! "Dieting" is only a temporary fix.

I found a way to include exercise in my every day life, even if it was just parking my car further away from the grocery store doors, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I ate as I always did, for about a week, when I first started walking daily. And you know what I found? I ate a lot of carbs! So I looked at what I ate, when I ate it, why I ate it and how. Then I looked at other things in my life that I hadn't dealt with and saw how I had manifested food into a coping mechanism.
    Soooo, I added fruits and veggies, cut out A LOT of processed foods (remember - anything that is already prepared usually has a lot more salt than you need (so it lasts longer on the shelf :S) and found other ways to have "sweets" like adding mini chocolate chips to my granola mix, using the odd flavour package to my water (not a pop drinker and it is always better to eat your fruit than drink it) and eating dried apricots (I think they are kinda like gummies!).

Remember, you have to put out more energy than you put in. That is the key!!
    Start slow and don't watch the pot boil! If you step on the scale every day and that is the only way you measure your self, you may not be happy with the results. It isn't going to be the number that makees you happy (ok, it will be part of it)....how you FEEL will matter the most!!!

Stay strong!!!
  • I focused on "being healthier" instead of "dieting" and it made all the difference!
    (I hate the word "diet"! Everyone has a diet! Whatever you eat is your diet, so we shouldn't focus on "being on one", in my opinion.) We're talking about a lifelong commitment to change, here! "Dieting" is only a temporary fix.

I found a way to include exercise in my every day life, even if it was just parking my car further away from the grocery store doors, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I ate as I always did, for about a week, when I first started walking daily. And you know what I found? I ate a lot of carbs! So I looked at what I ate, when I ate it, why I ate it and how. Then I looked at other things in my life that I hadn't dealt with and saw how I had manifested food into a coping mechanism.
    Soooo, I added fruits and veggies, cut out A LOT of processed foods (remember - anything that is already prepared usually has a lot more salt than you need (so it lasts longer on the shelf :S) and found other ways to have "sweets" like adding mini chocolate chips to my granola mix, using the odd flavour package to my water (not a pop drinker and it is always better to eat your fruit than drink it) and eating dried apricots (I think they are kinda like gummies!).

Remember, you have to put out more energy than you put in. That is the key!!
    Start slow and don't watch the pot boil! If you step on the scale every day and that is the only way you measure your self, you may not be happy with the results. It isn't going to be the number that makees you happy (ok, it will be part of it)....how you FEEL will matter the most!!!

Stay strong!!!

^^ Your post was great. It's such a good idea to mention the little things, like parking further away. And it's so important to not feel like you can never have sweets again. It's all about moderation and that's how you stick to this plan.
  • carmelitacoffey
    Options
    Everyone needs some support and it's great to know that other people are around and know what you are going through. If you want to chat I'm here as well and I'm new at this too! :)
  • Cher2686
    Cher2686 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im in the exact same boat. Add me!
  • Loquacious1
    Loquacious1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!
    I wish I had seen this sooner. Sorry.
    I did something to my knee so now I'm injured and can't run until my physiotherapist says I'm good to go.
    I moped for a month and gained a few pounds. :(
    But now I'm getting stronger and I'm getting back on track!
    I found a website called Tribesports where you can peruse "challenges" that you can do once, or daily for a week, 2 or a month.
    It got me out of my funk and moving in different ways while I'm waiting to get back to my running.

Best of luck to you! Hope you are still doing well!!