Daily Bloating?

Options
I noticed that I bloat throughout the day, everyday. When I wake up I'll have a [nearly] flat stomach, but by mid afternoon and especially into the evening my stomach will be 2-3x the size..

Does anyone else have this problem too? It happens all the time, not just when it's TOM time.

I recently started taking pro-biotic pills everyday, as I read that can help, but does anyone else have any advice? :S

Replies

• LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    How much grains do you consume? Could you have a wheat allergy? Is your condition accompanied with gas? Diarrhea? Go talk with your doctor and see what she says!
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I had that before I was diagnosed with Celiac but it's only one of many possible symptoms. Definitely worth checking with your doctor!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I did until I started eating gluten free.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It could also be too much sodium, not enough water, drinking carbonation, eating excess carbs, etc. It doesn't have to be something serious. I got bloated by midday every day until I started eating fresher and drinking more water. Now I only get bloated when I eat a big bowl of spaghetti (or two). :smile:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Milk, yogurt, and other dairy products are also infamous for causing bloat
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I bloat throughout the day, everyday. When I wake up I'll have a [nearly] flat stomach, but by mid afternoon and especially into the evening my stomach will be 2-3x the size..

Does anyone else have this problem too? It happens all the time, not just when it's TOM time.

I recently started taking pro-biotic pills everyday, as I read that can help, but does anyone else have any advice? :S
    I like this fiber/laxative to normalize a reactive gut:
    drnatura.com Get their fiber and laxative tea
    Everyother fiber I have tried was harsh/pathetic/ineffective, but this is soothing and gentle.
  • AAL94LBB
    AAL94LBB Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was actually tested for Celiac probably close to two to three years ago. I was also on a gluten free diet for a couple years. About a year ago though they invented this pill you can take that allows you to eat gluten, even if you have a sensitivity. I stopped taking the pill probably six months ago or so. I guess I'll have to try that again and see if it works!

I also do eat a yogurt everyday too...hmm. I drink lactose free milk.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I was actually tested for Celiac probably close to two to three years ago. I was also on a gluten free diet for a couple years. About a year ago though they invented this pill you can take that allows you to eat gluten, even if you have a sensitivity. I stopped taking the pill probably six months ago or so. I guess I'll have to try that again and see if it works!

I also do eat a yogurt everyday too...hmm. I drink lactose free milk.

what is this pill!!! i am celleaic and ive never heard of it but sure could use it!! please share!
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem ever since i was diagnosed with h pylori last year my stomach hasnt been the same (it was treated and the virus is gone) i take align everyday and also gas x really helps with the bloating.. i also think im sorta lactose intolerant so cutting dairy out seems to help
  • QueenChacon
    Options
    I have this same problem, but haven't gone to the dr for it. I think I'm going to give a run of cutting out dairy and going gluten free for a couple of months to see if that will make a difference.
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For me, not enough water will cause me to bloat (or retain water). I'm finding I need 10-12 cups of water per day to avoid bloat.