inspiration to succeed for both myself and my son

Options
i think a site like this, with other people to help and encourage the process, may be just the thing i need to keep things on track this time. i am doing very well this time, for the four days I've been going.. 1200 cal a day.. no problems there. but somewhere along the road, i fall down and can't pick myself up again. this is a continuing process. I hope to meet some people to work with and share ideas.. i've spent a lot of time with a clinic losing weight that i simply put back on. I have a son who is only 2 now but has a terrible chromosomal disorder called prader will syndrome and he will need to be on a strict diet and exercise regimen all his life as well. He has low tone so he can't burn calories like others can, and he can't feel satisfied when he eats so he feels starving all the time. if left alone with the food in the house he could literally eat himself to death. it's something i have to control for his whole life. and if i don't control my own eating and weight, i can't very well control his.. well i think that's enough for now.. please friend me if you'd like to get to know more.. thanks!!

Replies

• carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'd love to help support you!
  • Packer_Hotty
    Options
    I have a son too. Glad to be your friend
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend, too. I have a 2 year old daughter who is profoundly and severely disabled (cerebral palsy), though her problem is always not enough calories. I would love to talk to someone who understands who hard it is.
  • Scott_Chaput
    Options
    What has been key to me is mindset.

This isn't a diet. A diet implies that what you're doing is suffering through something temporary when what we want is a change in lifestyle.

I am following the MFP plan and doing it exactly. I work out during the week, I track those calories burned but don't use them. Then on Saturday night I go out with my wife for dinner and we have ONE meal where we eat what we want. The idea isn't to gorge ourselves but to eat a nice satisfying meal of something that we want without worrying about calories whether it be Chinese food or pizza or whatever.

Doing that I have lost 22 lbs and lost almost 3 lbs last week alone.

That way every week feels fresh and I have something to look forward to.

You have to look at this as a lifestyle, a new healthy you.... Not as a diet, a negative thing that you have to drag yourself through to a temporary goal. This is the new normal and it will lead to the new me.