Oh....my.....Goodness healthy Chicken pot pie!

Options
Teachinjen
Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
Made a healthy chicken, Leek, carrot, potato pot pie for dinner tonight! It was delicious. This whole meal, including the salad was only 417 calories. except for the crust, this recipe was from scratch. I found the basic recipe in a cooking light magazine, and changed it for what I had in my fridge......Just thought I would share!!!!!!

IMAG0468.jpg

Replies

• Teachinjen
    Options
    Sorry about how big the picture is, it is my first time posting one....how do I get it smaller?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    don't make it smaller, I wanna eat my screen
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Oh that looks yummy I dont think you need to make it smaller that would take away from the deliciousness of it :laugh: ....I dont know how to make them smaller but thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I was so wrapped up en the picture I forgot to ask where the recipe is are you able to share?
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-potato-leek-pie-50400000122476/

This is the basic recipe that I followed....added a bit more leaks, and divided it into five pies instead of six pieces...........

MY HUSBAND SAID IT WAS THE BEST MEAL I HAVE EVER MADE! It is not cream based, takes a little time to make, but it is so worth it.....Very tasty!!!!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    ohhhh I'm drooling. Recipe?

oops, nevermind...I see you just posted it.
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    I posted the link for the recipe above.......It is well worth it! Perfect for this colder weather!
  • RaViCa
    RaViCa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks A LOT! Ever since I've been trying to eat healthier, I've been missing Pot Pies. I'm goona put this recipe to work.
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    No problem......Enjoy!
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks for posting that I will be making this tomorrow.. It looks so yummy!!!! :)
    8130 Posts: 7
    Options
    This sounds great!!!!!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    o wow! love this! thanks
  • mag104
    mag104 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Got to give this a go thank you x
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Say WHAT?!
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    Say WHAT?!

I'm telling you, it is amazing! I made my recipe into mini pot pies.....So i have another for lunch today!......Woot Woot!
  • NClala05
    Options
    Looks good, Bump!
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    what does the recipe mean by 1/2 a package of refrigerated pie dough? i don't think i've ever seen that here. do they mean one of those frozen pie crusts?
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    what does the recipe mean by 1/2 a package of refrigerated pie dough? i don't think i've ever seen that here. do they mean one of those frozen pie crusts?

In our grocery store in fridge section by the canned biscuits and such, they have 2 pie crusts rolled up in a box, by pillsbury........I guess you could use a frozen one after it is defrosted.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options

They make refrigerated pie crusts, they are usually by where the refrigerated cookie dough, and crescent rolls, and cinnamon rolls and stuff like that is. In most stores it's near the milk/butter.