Lose and gain over and over again

Options
I really need to figure out how to stick to eating healthy at least 90% of the time. For the past year I have gone up and down with my weight and I am so tired of it! I really want to get rid of about 10 pounds. 20 would be fantastic, but I'm pretty sure that will be a hard goal to meet! Last year I did a healthy living/weight loss challenge over the holidays with some friends and lost 8 pounds, but put it all back on when my husband and I sold our house and moved into a new one. It was a super stressful times and I turned to food.

For the past few months I have tried to get myself back in gear and I do great for a week or two and lose about 2 pounds, then start to eat unhealthy. It gets out of control and I gain it right back in a week. Uggh! I'm so frustrated.

Any tips on how to keep myself motivated to eat right? I work out 1-2 hours everyday so I know I am burning calories. I just have a hard time controlling what's going in my mouth. I wanted to do better today, but I caved in and had cookies AND a candy bar. It makes me feel depressed and now all I want to do it eat more junk. :(

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why else would you buy cookies and candy bars if not to eat them? just stop buying unhealthy stuff and that should take care of 95% of your problem
  • zoefitzy
    Options
    why else would you buy cookies and candy bars if not to eat them? just stop buying unhealthy stuff and that should take care of 95% of your problem

AGREED! Clean out your cupboard - its not a waste of food - think of all the waste of time/energy if you dont start fresh! Get rid of anything thats not clean/healthy and you won't be tempted
  • iambuttercup
    iambuttercup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lessen carb and sugar and increase protein and fat and ensure they are in all meals
    Drink your water, and make small changes to exchange the high carb/sugar snacks for something that doesnt create more cravings
    That stuff is like a drug. Hard to overindulge in some slices of lean chicken, a pickle, sweet little grape tomatoes etc. If you are a snacker, plan to have the right ones within reach and stocked. Atkins daybreak bar choc/hazelnut is low carb/sugar but satifies any sweet tooth, instead of cookies and candy bars. Make a muffin with almond meal in the microwave, lots of eecipes online. You can eat loads of things, just make it the right things. Good luck.
  • Alicrookston
    Alicrookston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If it was that simple I would stop doing it. I have a hard time controlling the temptation to buy it and/or eat it. I actually have very little "junk" in my house. The cookies were given to us yesterday from a neighbor and my kids were excited about them. Yes, I saved them cookies and I shouldn't have eaten any.
  • Alicrookston
    Options
    Lessen carb and sugar and increase protein and fat and ensure they are in all meals
    Drink your water, and make small changes to exchange the high carb/sugar snacks for something that doesnt create more cravings
    That stuff is like a drug. Hard to overindulge in some slices of lean chicken, a pickle, sweet little grape tomatoes etc. If you are a snacker, plan to have the right ones within reach and stocked. Atkins daybreak bar choc/hazelnut is low carb/sugar but satifies any sweet tooth, instead of cookies and candy bars. Make a muffin with almond meal in the microwave, lots of eecipes online. You can eat loads of things, just make it the right things. Good luck.
    Thanks for the tips. :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Try the book 'eating less' by Gillian Riley. It's about binge/over eating. Based on the psychology of it all, it hour blaming your parents!!

I found it great.
  • Alicrookston
    Options
    Try the book 'eating less' by Gillian Riley. It's about binge/over eating. Based on the psychology of it all, it hour blaming your parents!!

I found it great.
    Thank you!