Beakfest, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks

Options
So... the doc is demanding that I eat the same thing every day at the same time everyday... for the rest of my life. Hearing this is enough to make me rebel.... we're supposed to be friends with food... not despise it and get sick at jus the idea of eating. But if I want to control my sugar... this is all I seem to be left with. I refuse to cook more than 1 or 2 meals at a time... and my family seems to think that making 5 different meals at a time is normal (no, they won't help... the kids would rather starve and scream first).

So my basic question is.. what would be healthy (negative the 10,500 sodium intake a day that I am getting now), get me the nutrition I need... not require more than 15min cook time including prep... that I could stand to eat this way?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    if you don't have a slow cooker, get one!!! it's so easy to throw stuff in it in the morning and have an entire meal ready when you get home!!!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I cook extra on Sunday so that I have extras for the next two nights. During the week it helps me to get everything ready the night before so that when I come home all I have to do is throw everything to together.

Do you have a freezer with space in it? Cook ahead and freeze your meals. This is also handy because you can also do portion control at the same time and only freeze a single meal per package.

I also agree with the slow cooker idea. So nice to come home to a house that smells like "I don't have to cook tonight" :tongue:
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    Even if you were going to eat the same thing everyday for the rest of your life, that wouldn't be a good idea either. Your body would get used to that intake and you would start to gain weight from it after a while. It's good to change your diet, so it keeps your body on it's toes.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    So... the doc is demanding that I eat the same thing every day at the same time everyday... for the rest of my life.

:flowerforyou: I sure hope you are intending on getting a 2nd opinion on this... I've had doctors tell me weird stuff but never heard that one... wow... :flowerforyou:
  • HeavenllySin
    HeavenllySin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is actually a vary common basic diet for a diabetic. This is a normal way for a brittle type one to live.