Protein shakes- recommendations please

Options
Hi All, I have read so much about protein being a key to losing weight and toning up and wondered what everyones thoughts were on this. Some people say you should get enough from your food so i dont know?

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do a mix of weights and cardio but planning on trying to increase this to 4-5 times minimum.

Are there any protein shakes which are good as part of a calorie controlled diet that anyone can recommend or just general thoughts on this?

Replies

• rachaelfisher1
    Options
    I use isolyze, no carbs/fats and 27 grams of protein @ 110 calories.
  • BillMacPerth
    Options
    Hi ... I use Elemental Nutrition.... SHREDDING MATRIX ....
    It works for me, in helping me "lean" up ......
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    my coach at the Y recommended muscle milk to me today. gonna try it. I'm picky tho
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Whole foods are usually best, but Most Whey protein shakes come with BCAAs to help maintain muscle, and help with recovery from your workout.

If you are going to use protein shakes, look for ones that are low in sugar. I prefer using powdered Whey, then mixing it with skim milk, and frozen fruit. For a pre-bedtime snack, I will mix Casein protein with an egg white, cocoa powder, baking powder, water, and a little sweetener, for a slow digesting protein to get me through the night.
  • raj83168
    Options
    simple, Optimum Nutrition Whey or Syntha-6
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can you buy these in the UK? I was lokig on my protein.com for some ideas.

• Jenat12
    Options
    OMG you MUST try Optimum Health Nutrition pro complete 40 in strawberries & cream. It is DELICIOUS BEYOND WORDS!!!! They also have a rich chocolate cake flavor that is super good. Its 203 calories for 2 scoops.

https://shop.ohnutrition.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=12&zenid=62b36a8103d88eca2b3404d42407d26b