Anyone used Fitbit that rides horses?

Options
I am seriously considering the high end Fitbit, but a lot of my exercise comes from working and riding my horses. Will the Fitbit capture my movement from riding?

Replies

• meangreen11
    meangreen11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone? I really want to order one, but if it doesn't track my riding appropriately then it is not what I need. Don't want to wear the chest strap of a HRM...
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My guess is it will count every step the horse takes as one of your steps. So not good. But I'm not sure. This is just a guess. But I love my fitbit. I took it off before horse back riding this summer.
  • meangreen11
    Options
    My guess is it will count every step the horse takes as one of your steps. So not good. But I'm not sure. This is just a guess. But I love my fitbit. I took it off before horse back riding this summer.

Thanks gmichaelguy. I guess I can try it and see if it is recording anything close to appropriate. Don't want to wear a chest strap for a HRM so I am thinking this would be good for me to see how active (or not) I have been on specific days.
  • nomadic_neenz
    Options
    I was looking at the Nike+ Band...I emailed the company to ask if it would work on horseback, since the FAQ said it was not acclimated for cyclists. I will let you know!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the Nike+ Band...I emailed the company to ask if it would work on horseback, since the FAQ said it was not acclimated for cyclists. I will let you know!

I wear the fit band and I believe it gives a fairly accurate accounting for my activity. Even my french horn playing.
  • meangreen11
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    They don't recommend a FitBit for cycling so I doubt it would be good for horseback riding. Does riding a horse really put your HR up that much?