Feeling Awful.

Options
Had a pretty quiet day today because I wasn't feeling so great. Some days I still wake up and don't like what I see in the mirror: I don't let it get to me too much, I just had a sort of time out day to myself.

Mums just come up the stairs and told me I have no life. "You spend all day sitting in your room like a dark cave. Get off your backside. You've got no life at all. Get a job! Get some friends". I can safely say that was the exact quote because those words are still going round and round in my head. I have got a job, I don't know why she said that. I've got enough friends. Feeling very fat, teary and pathetic. trying to fight the negative thoughts but just feel so unattractive. like I will never make it. its enough to feel ashamed of yourself but when you feel others are embarassed by you it hurts so much more. wish she was proud of me. sorry for the sob story/rant. just feel like a straight up loser.

Replies

• phonypony
    Options
    I used to feel like this all the time when I was depressed. I'd sit in a dark room all day feeling sorry for myself. You're an amazing person, I'm sure. Being proactive about my life was the best thing I did for myself. Do what makes you happy. Go outside and walk and get fresh air. Don't listen to your mother! She's being unnecessarily hurtful. Everything is going to be alright. :)
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    How awful for you! Please don't let what people (whoever they are) say bring you down. You are beautiful and valuable. I will pray that you are able to find strength and confidence through God's love.
  • eenbloempje
    eenbloempje Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel the same way some days, even though I don't live with my parents so it's me saying these things to myself!
    Right now i'm trying to get off the couch and to the park for a run.. I know it will make me feel awesome when I finish the training, but I'm still sitting here... Just one of those days..
    No advice, just a good luck and remember your goals!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand why you're feeling like that and how your mum's words affected you. When I lived at home my mum would say exactly the same thing, and I constantly get told to 'make friends and DO something' (I have three friends, one includes my boyfriend who I live with) and i'm just one of those antisocial people who doesn't need anyone else, if that makes sense? You know what you need to make you happy, if you're happy with your life then awesome, if not then you can change those things.
    Judging by your pic you are GORGEOUS, everyone has low days, and saying that doesn't demean how you're feeling. You can make it if you want to, that's up to you (:
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You're not a loser! In fact, I think it's pretty darn brave of you to post this story online for a whole bunch of strangers to read.
    Really, don't feel down because of your mom's negativity. Most of the time, when people come out and randomly say mean stuff like that, it's more of a rant meant against themselves, than to the person they say it to.
    Just remember how good you were doing, because tomorrow, you'll maybe have a greater day.

Be nice to yourself today, avoid your mom, cuddle up in your bed / on the coach, but get back out there tomorrow :) days like this happen, but they can't last longer than one day :)
  • PuppyFat44
    Options
    It almost hurts more because i know she DOESN'T mean it. she gets frustrated and says things in the moment and is so oblivious as to the damage it does. She'll shake it off in 5 minutes and will have calmed down, but I might be feeling low for a week. I would prefer she call me every name in the book before telling me I don't have a life. Telling someone they don't have a life is like saying their is no reason for them to exist.

Example... She's already come to my door as though NOTHING happened and was genuinely surprised to see that I'd been crying heavily. She just very casually, politely asked if I would come down to the kitchen for dinner. We have guests staying and they prepared the meal tonight. I very casually, politely told her to tell them what she told me. And I'll stay in my dark cave for now, thanks.
  • phonypony
    Options
    :( Big hugs!
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options

She just very casually, politely asked if I would come down to the kitchen for dinner. We have guests staying and they prepared the meal tonight. I very casually, politely told her to tell them what she told me. And I'll stay in my dark cave for now, thanks.

And she doesn't realise, after an answer like that, that she has really hurt you? She's actually suprised that you were crying?
    :noway:
    I think you need to have a talk with your mom, when you're feeling better and everything has settled down for you. Just try to tell her that she hurts you with comments like that, and that it makes you feel miserable...
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hold your head high sweetheart! Sometimes people are really stupid.

And I bet you are nothing of that!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Try not to let her words get to you. For whatever reason, people who spew that kind of negativity are either oblivious or without concern in regard to how their words will be received. They are typically set in their ways and good luck changing that. Use that frustration as motivation for your own self-improvement. Like another poster already suggested, get outside - take a walk, go for a drive, remove yourself from the negative atmosphere. :flowerforyou:
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you need a weight loss buddy to talk to im here :) i have been having the same thoughts on lift for as long as i can remember, you can change what you are unhappy about, prove your mum wrong and thats the best comeback you can give xxx
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Talk to your mum. Tell her that she is hurting you with those comments. She might have a slightly odd way of trying to motivate you (I had a maths teacher who used to tell me that I'd never pass the exam, and well, it worked, I just had to show him I was smart), but I think an open conversation about how you feel when she says these things might open her eyes and see that it doesn't work on you, and maybe you can work on it together?
  • PuppyFat44
    Options
    I did have a little rant to myself and here is the result..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PuppyFat44/view/an-open-letter-to-anonymous-437661
  • KimberlyMarie22
    Options
    you are beauitful!! dont ever forget that !!