period time

Options
Okay girls..We all know that certain times of the month, we want something sweet. I want to be able to satisfy my sweet tooth without sabotaging myself. What do you like to have that is sweet, yet doesn't make you feel gulity after eating??

Replies

• nolachick85
    Options
    I love making "ice cream" out of frozen bananas. If you haven't seen the recipe around, it's a quick google search. Basically, just throw some frozen bananas in a blender and add some vanilla and honey. I like adding a little peanut butter or cocoa powder too. It has the same texture as ice cream but without the guilt.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    you know, if you eat too little your period stops......It worked for me. Just saying.

If this isn't bad advice, I don't know what is.
  • lalacroft25
    lalacroft25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you know, if you eat too little your period stops......It worked for me. Just saying.

If this isn't bad advice, I don't know what is.

yup i agree. if you dont want to have periods go to your doctor they can help. dont put your health at risk
  • lleelloo
    lleelloo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yoghurt with a bit of stevia to sweeten it works for me!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

your goal BMI is 16.5. a woman is considered underweight if her BMI value is anywhere between 16.5 and 18.4. Below 16.5 is typically regarded as severely underweight.

your current BMI is 20.4 which is healthy.

if your periods really did stop, you are damaging your body. thats sad. not really something to be proud of and possibly devastating in the future when you cant have kids.

I hope you are a troll, making jokes about anorexia, cause as unfunny at that is, the other option is like a slow motion train crash for your loved ones.
  • bluestocking01
    Options
    A cup of dessert tea works for me most of the time. :smile:
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    special k chocolate delight cereal :) lol.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options

ugh, people like you are the reason why I was worried about joining mfp in the first place. If you're struggling don't go around giving out crappy advice because some people like me will find it really triggering.

To the op- hot chocolate with water and a splash of milk (same ratio of water/milk as you would with a cup of tea!) :)
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have my favorite treat, I just plan for it. I like chocolate chip Klondike bar, only 250 cal.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

Yea... that's not good. That's dangerous. I lost my periods for a year (around a BMI between 18-19) and I don't know if I'll have kids (my periods have returned though).
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    During those times, I make sure have enough calories left in the evening to have 1 reeses big cup (thats what I crave anyway) its 200 calories and yes the fat isnt ideal, but I know that 1 is just enough to take care of the craving for that day, and if I allow myself a couple in a month I don't see that as a bad thing. I've tried eating something else and it just doesnt work the same lol The main thing I've changed is that now, instead of having a glass of milk with one, I drink water.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I always have Nuetella on hand, especially for my TOM. I will add nuetella to bread, strawberries or bananas and it really helps satisfy my sweet tooth. Sometimes I will also have a few chocolate chips, the semi-sweet ones and that helps too.
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches! YUMMY! And only 150 calories!
  • sffhcks001
    Options
    I go for Tesco Light Choices desserts or the Yoo Moo frozen yogart which is lovely, especially the chocolate one. I also have a "cheat" with a cuppa and a Weight Watchers caramel bar or even the Slimfat chocolate bar which tastes exactly like a Mars bar!
  • Shafinasegon
    Shafinasegon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just throw in some sesame seeds and jaggery together with almonds and raisins! Super cool, full of anti oxidants.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    sugar free fudge pops are only 40cals

OR

indulge in some dark chocolate and call it good
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese and sugar free jelly!! If u go by serving sizes its only 100 calories
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with frozen fruit (I love the fiesta blend...Strawberries, pineapple, and mango) with almond milk and greek yogurt. If you add a little extra fruit, you can eat it with a spoon so it feels like ice cream :) Yum, I want one now.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Sometimes during that special time of month, I just eat the thing that I was craving (in moderation of course). It doesnt usually set me back too far, as long as I only do it once per period.