20lbs can be a success right?

Options
2»

Replies

• lilylover2012
    lilylover2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to the gym or even the workout section in the store and picked up 20 pounds worth of weights? It's definitely a lot!!!!! Be proud of every little bit you lose!

And hey, if you're trying to lose more, know that you will. I'm just doing portion control too and working out every so often. Weight takes time to come off no matter what you do, just as it takes some sacrifice and dedication no matter what you do. Keep it up!
  • kage5678
    kage5678 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think any one should ever "diet" you need to change your lifestyle to cause you to be a healthier weight. You have changed your lifestyle to 20 pound lighter you, that is awesome :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Of course it's a success! I'm down 22 so far, and I didn't think it was a big deal until I put it into perspective. I picked up two of my heavier cats and was thinking, wow, I lost both of these guys in weight! They felt really heavy and it was great to think I wasn't lugging that around anymore!

That genuinely made me laugh out loud - thank you. I have about the heaviest cat ever but I've still lost more than he weighs, and every time I pick him up now I shall think of this.
  • getskinnyby25
    getskinnyby25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    20lbs is Amazing!! I want to lose 20lbs. Sometimes I feel like its the smaller numbers that are hardest too lose! For someone who has a lot of weight to lose it's easy, but when you don't start out obese it is Really hard to lose 20. Be Proud!
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was happy enough to think I'd lost 1 1/2 of my friend's 10lb baby just after he was born (if that makes sense!). He's a bruiser, though, and is putting it on quicker than I can lose it now! But I love thinking about what I've got rid of in terms of 'real' things. 20lb is a lot of bags of sugar or flour, or heaps of packs of butter.

Well done you :smile:
  • FatGruff
    Options
    Been great to receive the encouragement! Thanks everyone!! Helps me keep it up and march forever onwards!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!