New Runner and Aching Feet

Options
Hi All,

I just brought Nike Lunarfly runners that have a lot better support than my current shoes.

I ran about 1km before I physically could not run anymore and had to walk home in bare feet! My feet were aching.

Will I grow out of this?

Replies

• chefsx4
    Options
    They may have better support, but they may not be the best shoes for YOU. It's a god idea to go to a good running shoe store where they can analyze your gait and properly fit you into the best shoes for your running style and body mechanics.

Being physically unable to keep your shoes on after 1K is not normal, in my opinion, although I would definitely expect some discomfort overall until your body adjusts if running is new to you.
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    They may have better support, but they may not be the best shoes for YOU. It's a god idea to go to a good running shoe store where they can analyze your gait and properly fit you into the best shoes for your running style and body mechanics.

Being physically unable to keep your shoes on after 1K is not normal, in my opinion, although I would definitely expect some discomfort overall until your body adjusts if running is new to you.
    ^agree! Properly fitted running shoes are KEY to pain free running.
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    aching how?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

^agree! Properly fitted running shoes are KEY to pain free running.

Agreed again! Just because a shoe advertises certain features, doesn't mean it's the right shoe for you. Try to return them and go to a running specialty store and get a proper fitting.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    aching how?

Great question. I *generally* echo the advice above, get a fitting from a good running store where they let you "try before you buy", but that said, "aching how?" Some aches are more concerning than others.
  • bobbyrosegr2000
    Options
    Its aching across the middle of my foot, its not the arch that is painful its across from the arch on the outside of my feet!