Hi...health and fitness

Options
Hello everyone! I'm looking for people whose main objective is to increase their general health and fitness.....losing weight is secondary. I'm really struggling to incorporate exercise into my life

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi there ... I'm right there with you! :) Thanks for posting this thread. How long have you been on MFP and what's your current exercise routine?
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here for 2 weeks but I think the site is amazing :-)
    Currently my exercise consists of walking through my place of work building :-S
    I can work up to 14 hours a day in an office so it's quite difficult to become motivated!
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I have found this to be a great site. On exercise I started the C25K program, 3 days a week for 30 mins. Works very well with my schedule. I leave home at 5 am and get back at 6:30 pm, I have found that if I change and go do my walk/run I feel a lot better, been on this exercise program for 2 weeks and can see the changes.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey
    i'm doing exactly what you are
    trying to do more exercise and eat healthier
    losing weight just goes hand in hand with it :)
    xx
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi Jlloyd and helamore! :)

Jlloyd - the C25K is what got me moving and exercising more also. I read about other users here trying it and I got inspired! Glad to hear that you feel better when you get your daily run in. From July-January, I was running with some regularity - about every other day. I got a running buddy in January and we did well for a couple weeks and are now off track. I would like to get going again!

Hdelamore and cha36jennings, congratulations on deciding to get more active. I know it has really changed the way I feel about myself and relate to the world... of course, supports (like this!!!!!) are a HUGE part of keeping me moving. My prior threads have sort of died as we've graduated from the program (Cto5K, 30 Day shred)... so having some daily support and accountability would be a HUGE support for me too.

Are you guys interested in doing daily check ins here?
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A daily check-in sounds good. I think it's the only way I will start to iexercise
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    Daily check in sounds like a good idea for all of us, if one of you will start the thread count me in.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Daily check in sounds like a good idea for all of us, if one of you will start the thread count me in.

I'll start a new one called "Focused on Fitness: Daily Check in Group"