Under/Over Calories

Options
If you go over your calories one day by say, 300 calories, is it helpful to your progress to have 300 extra calories left over the next day to make up for it? Or should you treat each day completely separate?

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I zigzag my calories, so i'm consistently going over and under but I take each day one at a time, and the over days are also days that my activity levels are higher as well...I go between 1158-1800 calories. I've been very happy with my results with the zigzagging method.
  • imagymrat
    Options
    oops, dbl post!:ohwell:
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'd say it would be okay as long as you don't go under 1200 calories. Maybe you could workout a little harder the next day and not eat all of the calories back? I try to treat each day individually, though. :)
  • imagymrat
    Options
    I'd say it would be okay as long as you don't go under 1200 calories. Maybe you could workout a little harder the next day and not eat all of the calories back? I try to treat each day individually, though. :)

"1200 calories is a generic number. It's not right for everyone. It's a baseline minimum given out as a floor by MFP based on prior research by the medical community. NOT everyone will need a minimum of 1200, very small people can go under, and bigger people need more." ..ShBoss This comment cannot be more TRUE! I get just so grrrr about people throwing around 1200 because it just seems to sound good, yes you can go under and yes you can be above, you will not die if on occasion you go under and you will not throw yourself into starvation mode...geeeeeshhh!