Beating the Weekend Binge!

Options
I have been a MFP Member since 8/15/12. The last time I weighed in I was down a total of 13 pounds. I work a deskjob during the week and have weekends off. My boyfriend and I go away a lot on the weekends and dine out often. I typically don't workout over the weekend either, but have pushed myself to here and there. What are some tips/suggestions/healthy practices that you utilize to keep yourself on track over the weekends?! I workout a lot during the week and usually stay around, a little bit over, or just below my daily calorie goal. I haven't been weighing myself much lately, but I'm pretty sure all my hard work and weight I lost during the week ends up coming back over the weekend! :/ I honestly don't even want to know. Ugh! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks, everyone! :)

Replies

28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem....we love to either go out on weekends or stay in and cook/drink wine. I have decided that I will die from the stress of "what am i going to eat" sooner than being overweight. So...if I know I am going to want to have more calories at dinner for something special I have a very healthy breakfast....egg whites are filling and low in calories....then lunch is a HUGE salad which adds up to not much and then I have what I want for dinner. I don't stick to my calorie goals strickly on the weekend when there is something special I want to do. Monday I start back on track....I have yet to add any weight by doing this...even before starting Fitness Pal. Hope this helps.
  • Aschefke05
    Options
    Thank you! That definitely helps. I just bought a bunch of ingredients to make salads, for I haven't done this a lot. I'm all about convenience, so I usually bring Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice Meals, or Weight Watchers Meals to work for lunch. I need to kick up the salads and definitely try the egg whites! I have been doing protein shakes for breakfast quite a bit lately. They keep me pretty full! Muscle Milk Banana Creme Flavored Protein powder is delicious. Not chalky at all either! :-)
  • nicoleveltri
    Options
    I have the same problem. Eating out and ordering takeout (pizza or other items from a pizza place) have been my biggest downfall (along with alcohol). Last weekend was the first weekend I really felt like I did a good job. I stuck to my usual breakfast (cereal, oatmeal) and tried to stick to my habbit of eating small, healthy snacks every couple of hours rather than big meals. This way, I wasn't starving when it came time for dinner so, even though I may not have gotten the healthiest thing to eat (or drink), I ate a lot less of it. I also made sure to keep track of my calories over the weekend, which is something I tended to slack off on in the past - I really think that the act of logging everything you put in your mouth (and seeing how many calories that is) is really helpful.

As far as exercise goes, I am currently doing the Insanity program which has mescheduled to work out on Friday and Saturday with Sunday off. Having the calendar really helps me to stay motivated to get the workouts in - and I am NOT someone who enjoys working out, but I do enjoy checking off a day on the calendar.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want on Saturday, up to my TDEE. I don't have any problems. I am normally eating at around a 600 calorie deficit (not counting exercise) the other 6 days, so in order for me to lose all my hard work, I would have to eat an additional 3600 calories (my deficit calories) + calories from 4 days of exercise. So for me, between 7000 and 8000 calories total for the day would put me at even for the week (no gain, no loss).