I want to do a cleanse

Options
I am interested in doing a simple cleanse to rid my body of excess waste. I am not interested in purchasing an expensive system or pills. I am sure there are simple, non-commericalized methods of cleansing, using ingredients I can find at my local health food store. Can anyone recommend a cleanse? I am thinking I'd like to do it for 2-3 days.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    water!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Out of interest what 'excess waste' are you referring to?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Out of interest what 'excess waste' are you referring to?

This is an excellent question - if you have kidneys, a liver, and intestines, your body is already doing a great job of cleansing itself.
  • Aisha_E
    Aisha_E Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    meaning I want to cleanse my bowels. I was trying not to be graphic. LOL. I was using a nutrition supplement. And I feel like since I used the supplement, my BMs haven't been regular. And I just feel like I have waste inside of me. I am a little embarrassed discussing this. But, I am being honest.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    meaning I want to cleanse my bowels. I was trying not to be graphic. LOL. I was using a nutrition supplement. And I feel like since I used the supplement, my BMs haven't been regular. And I just feel like I have waste inside of me. I am a little embarrassed discussing this. But, I am being honest.

you don't have any unusual wastes inside of you. your body is in a constant state of removing waste from your body through your digestive system. you don't need to do anything to "cleanse" it. like the other folks said... if you have a liver, kidneys, etc. and no intestinal problems or constrictions, then your body is already doing what it's supposed to do. if you had a constriction, you'd know it and the solution would not be a "cleanse", but would be a surgeon, an operating room, and a very high medical bill.

if you're not regular, it could just be that you're consuming less food and have less waste to remove, so you don't have a bowel movements as often as before. if you're constipated, eat more fiber. if your intestines feel "bloated", it's probably just gas.
  • MrsPerkins616
    MrsPerkins616 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate @ Walgreens or Walmart $2 :) It works within hours.
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    If you aren't regular, check your fiber intake and take a fiber supplement, some good old fashioned Metamucil will cleanse the crap out of you (literally!)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    28872369.jpg
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    28872369.jpg

Or drink Hamm's Beer
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    I use digestive enzymes I put flaxseed and chia seed in my smoothies ,,,
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Foods high in fiber can help with BM's.
  • phonypony
    Options
    Increase your fiber intake and drink more water to help your bowels! Otherwise your liver and kidneys will be doing a great job unless they're impaired for some reason. :)
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Add some fiber (psyllium like metamucil/benefiber) and eat lots of fiberous veggies. And that activia really will help regulate you.
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Eat papaya, high fiber veggies and lots of water. Also there are some yoga moves for the stomach area...so search it...because I dont have a link hehe. Good luck!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    A rounded tablespoon of a psyllium product (like Metamucil) should work nicely. You can take it once per day or before each meal.
  • Aisha_E
    Aisha_E Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advise. You have provided me with some useful information.