Who else here does Rushfit?

Options
Anyone else doing the program? If so where are you at (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and what day? How have your results been?

I've been focused on heavy lifting but I am doing some Rushfit to change it up. I am on week 2 day 2, advanced program.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just complete RushFit a couple of weeks ago. For the first 4 weeks, I did the Intermediate version - second 4 weeks was Advanced. Doing this and eating right/better, I lost 16 pounds over the course of the 8-week program. I've since moved on to a fairly normal strength training program.

I don't remember my Assessment numbers - they're at home. I'll try to remember to get them and post my before and after results tonight when I get home or bring them with me and post them tomorrow.

Good luck!
  • sincere201
    sincere201 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ive pretty much just started day 4 of beginners level and just changed up my diet kinda hard for me with time have to do them when i get home from work if not i fail horribly, so far very little change just mostly stuff i can notice or feel so far hoping to do 6 month beginner, intermediate, and advanced :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    The balance & agility is definitely my favourite!
  • TR0berts
    Options
    As promised, my assessment numbers. OK, not the actual numbers, unless you *really* want them, just the comparisons.

Weight: Lost 16 pounds
    Chest: Lost 3/4"
    Waist: Lost 2-1/4"
    Hips: Lost 1-3/4"
    Right Thigh: Lost 1/2"
    Left Thigh: Lost 1/2"
    Right Bicep: Gained 1/2"
    Left Bicep: Gained 1" - yep, gained more on the left, not sure why. Maybe because I'm right handed - so the left arm got more of a workout from the same weight? They're both within 1/4" of each other, though.

So, except for my arms - which gained - I lost inches on every other thing measured. The most important part is I lost weight, got back into the workout groove, and feel better than I have in 20 years.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    BAH!!! I forgot to actually post the Assessment exercise numbers...

Air Squats: 53 before, 65 after >>> increase of 12 reps, or 22.6%;
    Push-Ups: 33 before, 42 after >>> increase of 9 reps, or 27.3%;
    Sit-Ups: 25 before, 30 after >>> increase of 5 reps, or 20%;
    Burpees: 12 before, 17 after >>> increase of 5 reps, or 41.7%.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    The balance & agility is definitely my favourite!

That's kinda funny... Balance and Agility was my LEAST favorite! I'm torn between Strength and Endurance or Full Body Strength and Conditioning as my favorite - both kicked my butt, in good ways.
  • polkie05
    polkie05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started yesterday. I'm doing the Beginner version at the moment though I consider myself to be an intermediate or advanced exerciser....
    Would like to complete this program doing all three versions.
  • Joemilli
    Options
    I started rushfit today for second time beginner first time, Intermediate this time, i did a full 8 weeks prior and got the shirt and had amazing results.

I love how workouts are laid out and explanantions are easy to follow, not always looking up wondering what i should be doing

2 times max on fight conditioning video and you will be flting through it knowing exactly what to do.

I get the feeling on average Rushfit burns 450 - 550 cals per workout

Women must love this exercise program as it targets the core, abs and *kitten*!!
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just started RushFit yesterday (Monday 10/22) and am doing the intermediate program. So-far-so-good! I've done many of the Beachbody programs already and decided to get this to mix it up a bit. Tomorrow is Cardio + Stretch for Flexibility. My plan is to do the 10 min warm up, spend 30 min on the elliptical and then do the rest of the DVD. Same thing on Friday when it's Cardio + Balance & Agility.

What kinds of Cardio do you all do? I was thinking of substituting Insanity Core Cardio and Balance for the Cardio + Stretch for Flexibility days, but I'll see how I like the Stretch workout first.

I'm also a Yoga fan and will probably do that on Sunday (rest day).

Oh yeah - I work my HRM yesterday and today and my burn was 300 yesterday (Strength & Endurance) and 260 today (Abdominal Strength & Core Conditioning). I'll post my burns for you all. (I'm 5'9', 151# and 41 years old.)

Michelle
  • TR0berts
    Options
    My plan is to do the 10 min warm up, spend 30 min on the elliptical and then do the rest of the DVD. Same thing on Friday when it's Cardio + Balance & Agility.

What kinds of Cardio do you all do? I was thinking of substituting Insanity Core Cardio and Balance for the Cardio + Stretch for Flexibility days, but I'll see how I like the Stretch workout first.

You don't necessarily have to do the warm up on Cardio days. You can if you want, but I never did.

As for the Cardio plus Balance and Agility, I'd recommend either splitting them up, or doing B&A first. I say this, because I found it to be almost too taxing to do the Cardio first, then B&A. B&A *sounds* like it'd be a nice easy yoga-type workout, but no. It's actually quite intense - especially at the end.

For my Cardio, I just rode my stationary bike. Some might find it a little boring, but I like it. So, really, whatever you want to do that gets your heart rate up is good.
  • Miche11e5
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about B&A + Cardio!
    My plan is to do the 10 min warm up, spend 30 min on the elliptical and then do the rest of the DVD. Same thing on Friday when it's Cardio + Balance & Agility.

You don't necessarily have to do the warm up on Cardio days. You can if you want, but I never did.

As for the Cardio plus Balance and Agility, I'd recommend either splitting them up, or doing B&A first. I say this, because I found it to be almost too taxing to do the Cardio first, then B&A. B&A *sounds* like it'd be a nice easy yoga-type workout, but no. It's actually quite intense - especially at the end.

For my Cardio, I just rode my stationary bike. Some might find it a little boring, but I like it. So, really, whatever you want to do that gets your heart rate up is good.
  • Miche11e5
    Options
    Today was cardio (I did 30 min on the elliptical) and the Stretch. I did the warm up on the DVD, did my elliptical time and then did the Stretch workout. i skipped the "cool down" cause it seemed silly to do that following the Stretch workout!

According to my HRM, my calorie burn for the warm up and stretch was 185. (300 on my elliptical).