gifts for a boyfriend??

Options
Our one year dating anniversary is coming up, and as usual, I'm at a loss for something sweet to give as a gift.

(We do not live together, and we're both virgins, so please nothing suggestive or anything along those lines.)

What do you give a boy? He is 23, likes technology, super heroes, food, and the great outdoors.

Replies

• FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would suggest something to do with technology, super heroes, food, or the outdoors.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I dont know how corny you're willing to get but for my one year anniversary I made my now fiance a book of reasons why I love him. It was something I had found while googling "sweet gifts for your boyfriend" because at that time I had no idea either. If you want to check it out the website is http://www.lovebookonline.com/
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Our one year dating anniversary is coming up, and as usual, I'm at a loss for something sweet to give as a gift.

(We do not live together, and we're both virgins, so please nothing suggestive or anything along those lines.)

What do you give a boy? He is 23, likes technology, super heroes, food, and the great outdoors.

It's your anniversary so rather get him something meaningful like a leather armband with your initials on it and a special message or reference to a special moment.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I've never done anniversary presents when dating someone, but I suggest something simple. He likes the outdoors, so set up a hiking date or something woodsy.

*I'm no good at romance :flowerforyou:

...and I wish I was a virgin at 23....:ohwell:
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hmm how about a night away somewhere I always surprise my patner with them and he loves them , go somewhere there is a gym sauna ect have a relaxing day some dinner and cuddles an films and goodies in the hotel room xxx
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ...and I wish I was a virgin at 23....:ohwell:

Me too, though if I was I would not have been able to develop my romantic side of things.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

this is so cute!
    umm....make something for him? like a diorama or something from a videogame ? like a portal 2 robot thingy? btw i don't play portal but the character robots are so cute.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    For my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, I made him a scrapbook of all our pictures we took together. On our first date, he told me a story that paralleled how we got together and so I incorporated that story in my scrapbook using our pictures :) then at the end I wrote a sappy little message haha

Since your guy likes superheroes, maybe you can make a comic about the two of you, where he's the superhero and saves you, the damsel in distress from a mean ex-boyfriend or something lol.

Congrats on your first year :) may you have more anniversaries to come!
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The site I love getting things from... www.thinkgeek.com
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    [/quote]

"It's your anniversary so rather get him something meaningful like a leather armband with your initials on it and a special message or reference to a special moment."
    [/quote]

I like that idea! An engraved leather wristband is something I think he would wear and enjoy. It's simple but sweet and meaningful.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Poor guy. Give him some.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Poor guy. Give him some.

Bwaahaha! I have nothing helpful to add...He's 23 and a guy so a 'lovebook' sounds horrific...but if he's super-cheesey I guess... You know him, we don't! Maybe a new iPad...
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    give him what hes looking for at 23 lol.....

*sigh*

give him a watch or something for a 2nd option i guess.
  • elliegreene
    Options
    Scrapbooks et al are nice, but what about:

A simple distillation apparatus and assorted labware (chemistry)?
    An Arduino robotic kit?
    A day at the shooting range?
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    Scrapbooks et al are nice, but what about:

A simple distillation apparatus and assorted labware (chemistry)?
    An Arduino robotic kit?
    A day at the shooting range?

cool ideas! very unique, and that's what I'm looking for.
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    Poor guy. Give him some.

not looking to defend myself or my relationship at all here. we all have the same freedom in life to make our own choices, after all.
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    For my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, I made him a scrapbook of all our pictures we took together. On our first date, he told me a story that paralleled how we got together and so I incorporated that story in my scrapbook using our pictures :) then at the end I wrote a sappy little message haha

Since your guy likes superheroes, maybe you can make a comic about the two of you, where he's the superhero and saves you, the damsel in distress from a mean ex-boyfriend or something lol.

Congrats on your first year :) may you have more anniversaries to come!

thank you! he's not the mushy type really, but you guys sound like a super cute couple :)
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    I would suggest something to do with technology, super heroes, food, or the outdoors.

lol. wish I had thought of that. :P
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Poor guy. Give him some.

How rude and judgmental of you!

What about a scrap book? Even just a mini one.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Poor guy. Give him some.

How rude and judgmental of you!

What about a scrap book? Even just a mini one.

Pot meet kettle.