Sports bra

Options
Hi ladies, just wanted to know what sports bra everyone wears. I'm currently wearing champion but have been told great things about the shock absorber. I need a full support bra, any suggestions?

Replies

• mhollist
    Options
    Runner's World has had some great articles on sports bras about everything from finding the perfect fit, care, and reviews from runners. Check out some of their articles.

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/special/0,7889,s6-369-470-0-0,00.html

Hope this helps!
  • silentsiren
    Options
    I have a couple higher endurance bras put out by fruit of the loom. they are heavy but give great support but I can't remember of hand what the actual name for them are.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll look at that link.
  • odatcindy
    Options
    New Balance has a great full-figure bra; especially for fast walking and running. Movement is kept to a minimum, but it doesn't constrict you. It also allows for you to lose weight and tighten it up form the shoulders and through the back without disturbing the overshirt look.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I swear by shock absorber! They have held me in while running, doing boot camp, boxing, kickboxing, and other exercises involving a lot of movement. I love their bras!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I use an Old Navy sports bra, although it doesn't bother me and my tiny boobs, I would not recommend it to someone who needs a lot of support. I figured what doesn't work may help too.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    there was another post where lots of people recommended Enell. I just got my first one and it's great for high impact activities. I plan on buying a couple more. It does feel a little constricting at first but you get used to it.
  • iamrobin
    iamrobin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go home and get some measurements. Great site to find a sports bra. Thank you. :)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have some FOTL medium and high impact, and one very heavy Danskin one that has great full-support for those really bouncy workouts. :smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    One word - ENELL. If you've got some boobies and you hate the bounce this bra is for you. They're crazy expensive but you can find them on Ebay for $35.00. TOTALLLLY worth it. I've been wanting one for a while and finally broke down and got it because i HATE wearing two sports bras. I'm a 34 D implants and this bra is NO joke. There is NO movement at all.....not even a jiggle. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Running used to bug me because of the jiggle but not anymore!
  • nyy03
    Options
    Just bought the new Shock Absorber Run bra, LOVE LOVE LOVE it.:love::heart: Tircky to clip the back but it is amazing, I would suggest it to any and everyone.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Just bought the new Shock Absorber Run bra, LOVE LOVE LOVE it.:love::heart: Tircky to clip the back but it is amazing, I would suggest it to any and everyone.

Aren't they great? I love mine too! I have to buy a new one probably in the next 10 lbs because my chest is shrinking! :laugh: Thank goodness the one I got was super adjustable, so it still holds me in well for now. :smile:
  • nyy03
    Options
    Savystephy, the newest model just came out here, Toronto, Canada. I also just bought the RoadID after reading about it in your profile. Thanks.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    You're very welcome! Can't be safe enough when you're out there. I have a RoadID Interactive because I move around so much (student, young professional). I love it. It makes me relax a little more while running on the roads.

I will have to look out for the newest shock absorber model for my next bra! :tongue: