Calories in calories out!

Options
Yes its true, its just calories in calories out !!! I have noticed that I lose the most weight on days when I am skirting the upper limit of calories I should be taking in. If I come in low I consistantly stay where I am. As an example yesterday I charted my food intake and got a call from a friend that wanted to go out to dinner and a movie. I carefully counted a Five Guys burger and Fries and went and had a good time, and I lost weight! (Yes, the eliptical trainer helped, but had I not had that many calories I would not have lost.)

And the thing that kills me is that to loose max weight I have to eat back what I burned in the gym. I don't eat like I did when I was younger. Somedays I wonder how I am going to eat all those calories!!!!!!

:D

Well at this point I am 10% of my way to my goal. One foot in front of the other, don't stop. It is doable. Have a great Tuesday!!

Replies

• KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to eat back calories some days :S
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! If it works for you, then great :)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hardest thing for people losing weight to understand is they have to eat enough, no starving themselves.
  • raininmyshoes
    Options
    I love earning extra calories with exercise! This system of MFP has got me exercising for at least an hour a day so that I can eat more than the 1,200 calories I am faced with on my homepage each morning.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

It works for you too...
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options

It works for you too...

Not necessarily. I've heard somewhere that it doesn't work for the super special snowflakes :smile:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I love earning extra calories with exercise! This system of MFP has got me exercising for at least an hour a day so that I can eat more than the 1,200 calories I am faced with on my homepage each morning.

Honestly, such GREAT motivation to move more. Exercise calories are tastier than regular ones LOL.
  • ezra1964
    Options
    Now that I am seeing a little progress I am really enjoying this, but it is not easy. I have already figured out breakfast and lunch and have almost 900 calories for dinner!!!! WOW! The hardest part is not so much eating 900 calories, but trying to consume that many in foods that are not 90% fat like Oreos!

uh oh, I said Oreos ... now I have a craving!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

It works for you too...

Not necessarily. I've heard somewhere that it doesn't work for the super special snowflakes :smile:

Even a super special snowflake can fix their metabolism.